Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just started Bioshock Infinite.
This looks like a game that will suck me in for insane amounts of time.

I probably should just stick to Borderlands 2 until I have more time on my hands.
Ok holy shit I'm hooked.

This game is so fucking cool.
I've heard it's a beautiful but quick game.
I just finished playing for tonight- I put two hours in easy.
.sell me on it. I'm looking for another game to play.
Because I said so. 
(11-14-2014, 04:01 PM)LesStrat Wrote: .sell me on it. I'm looking for another game to play.

Think of playing a game where the gun play is great, getting from point A to point B isn't boring, melee attacks/executions are brutal, and the story and atmosphere are awesome and worth paying attention to.
Is it similar to other games? If so, which ones?
Because I said so. 
The bioshock games have been based in Utopian societies either directly after, or during their downfall. They have a very "steampunk" style as well. Kind of what the future would be like if the futire was the past.

You'd probably like them.
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
(11-14-2014, 06:03 PM)LesStrat Wrote: Is it similar to other games? If so, which ones?

I'd have say the visuals are brighter and more of an early 1900's carnival sorta atmosphere.
I've only played the first two.

#1 had some great twists and turns to the plot, the gameplay itself was steady and well paced with lots of power up and customizing options.
There are different endings, and how you played the game affected which one you got.

What really drove the game forward was it's atmosphere.
It went from the dimly lit, creepy 'Do I really want to open this door?' type of mood to a bright cheerful look that was preverted by what was happening around it.
At certain points you question who is actually your ally and if you're doing the right thing. You also go through a period where not not sure who or what your character is.

#2 had more of a straight forward story and relyed less on mood and more on active gameplay.
They kept the look and feel, but pumped it up with more action.

Both could be played as stand alone games, but there were enough references to #1 in the second game that you got everything you saw.

But once you play either you will definately want to play the other.

They have a great art deco 30's futuristic look that the designers put together with a seamless look and feel , and you'll find yourself completely submerged in a Utopian ideal gone horribly wrong.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bioshock 2 Hooch 6 8,065 09-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Speng