Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Squire 60s CV Strat in the mail !
lol why don't you just take off the rest of the stock finish around the headstock too and just make it look uniform?
Just something I do ,if you hand sand the edges it rounds everything. Kind of a reminder too that this is a guitar that a lot of people would not even pick up , too bad they are missing out. Another one that is just an oddball is the 335 looky [Image: 335Headstock001-1.jpg] You just figuring out how insane I really am ? I figured I would catch some grief over the machines going 45 degrees instead of the normal Fender angle.
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley
You can do a custom decal on that

http://www.rothkoandfrost.com/r-f-custom...rve-style/
And we find something additional to purchase !
use a scraper blade to keep the edges nice while removing lots of finish fast. :)
Part of the whole unfinished thing is for people to look at it and go WTF? Most likely at some point in time this is going to get a new neck.
It made sound ! And then I starting working on the setup and etc... You should never allow me to touch your guitars , I am dangerous! Wiring it up with a TBX just because I had it in a box and wanted to save a 250k pot for my Explorer. I didn't ground it right like an idiot but then I pulled a really smooth one. Went to put the knobs on and broke the TBX pot , just pushing it on it was tight added a little pressure and it went down fast with an audible crack. Guitar no longer makes noise. The pickups in this thing are god awful even if they do have the word fender on them. Only other issue I have is the 4th string won't intonate , saddle is all the way forward and it is still flat at the 12th fret. Plays pretty good and it surely appears to be a proper Strat [Image: NewSquire004.jpg]
It needs to be official , I can destroy some pots! Ran solder down into the 250k I was replacing the TBX I killed. I got it wired up with the master vol and tone for now. Dropped the pickups down pretty low and it sounds a lot better. They were cranked up and almost touching the strings when I got it , must have been a moron that wanted high gain that had the guitar before me. Going to take it out of the house to the jam and grub at Chuck Norris' place today. Try and dial in the Tascam 8 track portastudio CD we got fri , gonna use the built in mics and let it go for 6 hours or so. Small room drums are going to be an issue no matter what we do I am thinking.
Not a lot to like about playing this so far , going to need the new pickups and a neck to be enjoyable for me. Put it in the case under the bed for the foreseeable future. Needs a fret job at the very least , if I take the strings down to where they should sit there is just too much buzz past the 12th fret.Might go with one of these necks eventually http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessori...es&index=1
and that is why I don't buy guitars unless I've had the chance to play 'em before.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Nuke Custom Strat buid completed Oinkus 7 6,537 10-27-2020, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Oinkus
  Revisiting the Clapton Strat... lreese 3 4,275 09-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Last Post: lreese
  The Dirt Clod is in the mail Securb 18 17,398 07-02-2015, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Securb
  Got an Ash 3XSingle Strat? lreese 0 2,067 12-04-2014, 08:53 PM
Last Post: lreese