Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coffee and....
Ever feel like getting adventurous with your coffee?

Add random things to it that other people think is crazy or weird?

I added some freshly crushed/ground (in my pestle and mortar) cardamom seeds to my pot of medium roast columbian coffee earlier.

It was majestic!
Cinnamon is an old one to add to drinks.
What sort of flavour does the cardamom have ?
um... slightly floral, sweet. You can almost taste a sort of wildflower honey taste, but it's a lot more complex than that. Freshly ground it never fails to blow my mind with how evocative it is, even though I've smelled and tasted it countless times.

It also has the effect of making things seem sweeter than they are. Tends to accentuate sugars. Very hard to describe the flavour/scent. It's my favourite spice though.
Sounds good. Some coffee has an almost sweet honey flavour underlying it. The Mocha full roast I drink is like that. The cardamom sounds like it would compliment it.

Quote:Today, 03:14 AM
Did your coffee keep you up or can you drink a cup and fall a sleep on it ? I can.
was up studying for exams.
Best of luck.
I just bought some based on your description. I was thinking it would make my honey/vanilla Belgium waffles *pop*. What do you think chef should I give it a go?
Grind it fine and put it in the waffle batter. You will be amazed. Can kinda treat em like vanilla beans or vanilla essence in baking
(12-03-2014, 11:50 AM)CTN Wrote: Grind it fine and put it in the waffle batter. You will be amazed. Can kinda treat em like vanilla beans or vanilla essence in baking

I got the pre-ground I don't have a pestle and mortar. So am I replacing the vanilla or go for broke and use the cardamom, vanilla and honey?
Yeah you can use all of em if you want. Vanilla has a habit of tying flavors together. Should work nicely.

Just don't put too much cardamom. A generous pinch per waffle will be plenty

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marijuana infused coffee claims to give you a real morning buzz Securb 21 24,078 06-07-2014, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Securb