Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deacci Fibonacci Pickups
(12-13-2014, 05:39 AM)Declan Larkin Wrote: I will do my best to avoid upsettng the Dalek, or the admin for that matter, I get the feeling a sense of humour goes a long way round here.

No tricks just drop me an email through the contact form on the website with your username and I will send you a generous discount code you can use on the checkout screen.

Thanks for the welcome folks

Declan
Sense of humor seems to reside at your place too!
Quote: but be warned, if you’re trying to sell us SEO services or letting us know that we’ve won first prize in a beauty contest we reserve the right to send you photos of our stray cat’s bum.
Are you in the UK ? I see your prices are listed in pounds .
Its a cat... How bad can it be?

Some of us like cats...

huge grin
Listless Vessels!
Yes im in N. Ireland, so UK pounds is the currency, i don't think its clear on the website but the webshop prices all include 20% sales tax which is subtracted on the checkout page for anyone outside the EU.

And yes, my sense of humour has been getting me into all sorts of trouble for years.

I have never been comfortable with my high output pickups as they are not my style and the whole world seems to be wanting vintage so it has been on the back burner for ages. But drop me an email Darth, I think we might well be able to do something.

I have two types of strat single coil sets coming out this week on a small run. They took forever to get right and the first two production sets of the a3 formvar sets were accidentally staggered for lefties. The first A5 PE set should be ready tonight.

if i have a knowledgeable and willing tester contributor to a modern HSS set then i see no reason to not start that in january..... i think we will need to call them the Pure Power Darth set or the Zoo, or just the Bad MOFO.

Declan
Declan? From RD Pickups? The guys who wound me the Ugly Americans?
I too lean towards hotter bridge humbuckers. Not quite distortion class, but somewhere between there and a PAF.

Alas I can't afford any new pickups at the moment. Perhaps after Christmas/new year's...
(12-14-2014, 06:49 AM)FORMULA73 Wrote: Declan? From RD Pickups? The guys who wound me the Ugly Americans?

I knew i recognised that name from somewhere, how the hell are you sir?

i hope you still have them lol

(12-14-2014, 06:50 AM)CTN Wrote: I too lean towards hotter bridge humbuckers. Not quite distortion class, but somewhere between there and a PAF.

Alas I can't afford any new pickups at the moment. Perhaps after Christmas/new year's...

I have one that you might find interesting, its called the Macha, nothing to do with paul mccartney, Macha was an irish goddess of war, and she has about 12k worth of wire wound round her waist and a8 magnets. Sound too hot for you ?
Small world.

I do. They're in a 77 Ibanez 2630 but I put some A2 in there to better suit my amp. They're still plenty bright and more middy! Whatever happened to the vid of my noodling over you guys winding?

Fibonacci was a smart dude. So smart, in fact, I began to hate the guy having to learn the concept as a dumbass mechanic.
(12-14-2014, 07:00 AM)Declan Larkin Wrote: I have one that you might find interesting, its called the Macha, nothing to do with paul mccartney, Macha was an irish goddess of war, and she has about 12k worth of wire wound round her waist and a8 magnets. Sound too hot for you ?

I don't really get along with a8 much any more. Unless it's for brutally heavy stuff. I like the 12k. Would like even better something with a lower power magnet like an A3 or A4 for clarity through that hotter wind. I've tried the A8 in like five or six different pickups and I find it tends to completely dominate the sound of any pickup it's in. It's trademark compression and weird attack are so prominent that it kinda squashes the characteristics of the coil windings.

All my bridge pickups are now rocking roughcast alnico 3s or 4s. I tend to prefer the sound of a hot wind with an A3 though. Maximum versatility, really nice warm, organic tones, clear, articulate and beefy as hell when it needs to be, but also tight in the low end, crisp in the highs and a nice sounding midrange that isn't too scooped or too boosted.

Your thoughts?
(12-14-2014, 07:19 AM)CTN Wrote: I don't really get along with a8 much any more. Unless it's for brutally heavy stuff. I like the 12k. Would like even better something with a lower power magnet like an A3 or A4 for clarity through that hotter wind. I've tried the A8 in like five or six different pickups and I find it tends to completely dominate the sound of any pickup it's in. It's trademark compression and weird attack are so prominent that it kinda squashes the characteristics of the coil windings.

But what do I know, I've only ever wound 1 pickup in my life.

The only pups I've ever liked with A8 are Super 70s. I'd try another set for free but the C8 left a bad taste in my mouth. It was just too much.
Yeah the C8 was great but I also found it too much. Like a pet bear that is pissed off all the time. You love him cuz he's your pet but he just won't stop tearing you limb from limb and that's difficult to love.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WTB - Tele Bridge Pickups idsnowdog 8 9,762 06-25-2015, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Securb
  They Must Be Really Nice Pickups... lreese 1 2,757 03-22-2015, 09:36 PM
Last Post: kinnikuman
  How far apart do you have to keep pickups? beaubrummels 10 11,649 12-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Oinkus
  What pickups to use? kinnikuman 7 8,444 10-22-2014, 03:24 PM
Last Post: kinnikuman