Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deacci Fibonacci Pickups
He brought a concept as old as life itself to western mathematics, so no small feat . I believe it is the only series where you can calculate all other numbers in the series just by having any two numbers in the series .

So how did you use it in mechanics?
It was used to come up with a rough estimate of reactor power answering a given bell. I'm not going to lie, they all called it Fibonacci Sequence but I didn't know what that was so I just memorized the numbers.

I never attained that particular qualification. That's what I get for trying to break out, I guess.
No reason we cant do some more experiments at 12k with lower powered magnets.
I agree on the ceramic though, the pet bear analogy is just about perfect
(12-14-2014, 07:37 AM)Declan Larkin Wrote: No reason we cant do some more experiments at 12k with lower powered magnets.
I agree on the ceramic though, the pet bear analogy is just about perfect

C8 = "Custom 8" ie Seymour Duncan SH5 Custom with an alnico 8 magnet.

But yeah ceramic magnets are not for me either.

So that said I will likely be in touch some time in Jan when I can afford to get more pickups. I'm not really jiving with the bridge pickup in my fender showmaster (pearly gates plus). Sounds weak and pathetic.
He meant the A8. The C8, or Custom 8, is what the Duncan Custom pickup is called with an A8. It was all the rage on their forum for a while.
(12-14-2014, 07:09 AM)FORMULA73 Wrote: Small world.

I do. They're in a 77 Ibanez 2630 but I put some A2 in there to better suit my amp. They're still plenty bright and more middy! Whatever happened to the vid of my noodling over you guys winding?

formula noodling

Just for the record, the pickup name was formulas idea
No it wasn't. You guys just hate Americans.

(He told me as much, guys. Better watch our backs.)
(12-14-2014, 07:44 AM)FORMULA73 Wrote: He meant the A8. The C8, or Custom 8, is what the Duncan Custom pickup is called with an A8. It was all the rage on their forum for a while.

ahhhhh, didnt know, i assumed it was a specific ceramic magnet.

(12-14-2014, 07:47 AM)FORMULA73 Wrote: No it wasn't. You guys just hate Americans.

(He told me as much, guys. Better watch our backs.)

Youre a bad man :toast:
It IS a good time for a beer.
Enjoy. Good catching up with you, that set of pickups was one of the many that got me thinking there has to be a better way to do this.....

Catch you later

Declan

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WTB - Tele Bridge Pickups idsnowdog 8 9,762 06-25-2015, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Securb
  They Must Be Really Nice Pickups... lreese 1 2,757 03-22-2015, 09:36 PM
Last Post: kinnikuman
  How far apart do you have to keep pickups? beaubrummels 10 11,649 12-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Oinkus
  What pickups to use? kinnikuman 7 8,444 10-22-2014, 03:24 PM
Last Post: kinnikuman