Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raphs diy quick change.
I will look again today but i really am lost. The switch looks fine i have triple checked it.

i will send the whole fucking thing to gv soon enough haha,

I refuse to pay a tech to do this. I guess thats why they want a cool $100 to do it. One day i am going to be a soldering maestro
I can't solder for shit.
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
(01-03-2015, 04:32 PM)Big Flannel Wrote: I can't solder for shit.

Its made harder for me because i only get a certain number of free time in the day and the rest is looking after kids.
I was just thinking how sad it is that i cant even get this going. Why would you make a thread about a quick change system you cant even make work? retarted thats why
(01-03-2015, 07:30 PM)darthphineas Wrote: Techs want $100 to solder up a guitar? WTF is the world coming to? That's stupid. I could see $50, if you threw them a curveball. Wow. Maybe it's gotten that way because there are so many broke dicks at GC claiming to be tech that just screw up things that it makes the good ones that much more in demand.

I actually dont know what they charge, i jsut thought around `$100
(01-03-2015, 08:00 PM)darthphineas Wrote: Doesn't GC charge something stupid for a string change? Like at least $25?

That's not too bad considering what i spend on drugs. haha i kid i kid :shifty:
No luck again it does the same thing. I de-soldered everything and did the entire thing again without the quick change and its doing the same thing. I am beginning to think its this shockwave thingy.
(01-03-2015, 03:25 PM)kinnikuman Wrote: I will look again today but i really am lost. The switch looks fine i have triple checked it.

i will send the whole fucking thing to gv soon enough haha,

I refuse to pay a tech to do this. I guess thats why they want a cool $100 to do it. One day i am going to be a soldering maestro
Geez where's that ?
Isn't your brother into electronics ?
Laughing Kookaburra sent some pups to Crusty to get him to make some hybrids from them, then they went back to the USA.
Stick the pickguard [ with associatted switches and stuff ] in a box or padded postpack and pay for postage [ return ] and I'll do it for you for nothing.
Ive got a similar setup on my Epi Les Paul but I also have a balance on the two pups and a tapped pot on the neck pup that splits it from HB to single coil [ but not entirely.] So it's HB - HB Vol Tone Balance Split [ all pots ]
(01-04-2015, 04:00 AM)GoldenVulture Wrote: Geez where's that ?
Isn't your brother into electronics ?
Laughing Kookaburra sent some pups to Crusty to get him to make some hybrids from them, then they went back to the USA.
Stick the pickguard [ with associatted switches and stuff ] in a box or padded postpack and pay for postage [ return ] and I'll do it for you for nothing.
Ive got a similar setup on my Epi Les Paul but I also have a balance on the two pups and a tapped pot on the neck pup that splits it from HB to single coil [ but not entirely.] So it's HB - HB Vol Tone Balance Split [ all pots ]

Yeah he is but he wont be around for a few weeks. I ditched the preamp thingy and used a jack and got the same results with the switch. Very confused as all the joints look fine and its all wired correctly.

Talk about practice fuck sake.

I will let you know about sending it. It might come to that.

The switch has to be faulty. Looking at it seems fine the terminals all connect in the middle position and separate on each side yet only 2 positions work.

Errr fuckn hell.
Can you shoot us a pic ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anybody ever tried DIY powder coating? Agileguy 12 12,905 04-14-2015, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Oinkus
  I think I need to change my pants... youngthrasher9 3 4,514 10-29-2014, 09:37 AM
Last Post: CTN