Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raphs diy quick change.
(01-06-2015, 01:48 AM)GoldenVulture Wrote: Any chance of a clearer pic of the switch area.
That last pic is useless to see the switch and connections.

5 Meg, he's probably reading the resistance of the wire coating [ insulation ]
(01-08-2015, 10:21 AM)GoldenVulture Wrote: That last pic is useless to see the switch and connections.

5 Meg, he's probably reading the resistance of the wire coating [ insulation ]

We tested it on the solder lugs on the base of the pup too but i will double check today just encase. Hey but guess what waz? I fixed the wiring,:toast: I am not willing to tell you all what i was doing wrong :wwe: But never the less its working ok now.

All right we all make mistakes. OK OK the problem was..................i was tap testing the pickups......................with.......................the gain turned right up.........................HA! Soon as i switched to clean everything tested fine. Hows that for a fuck head?

Ok i just looked over the pickup and its pretty obvious whats going on.

I wonder if this is worth getting fixed? Maybe i could do it
[Image: 2015-01-09063603.jpg]

The wire is broken on the black side too. Hmmmm
(01-08-2015, 03:16 PM)kinnikuman Wrote: We tested it on the solder lugs on the base of the pup too but i will double check today just encase. Hey but guess what waz? I fixed the wiring,:toast: I am not willing to tell you all what i was doing wrong :wwe: But never the less its working ok now.

All right we all make mistakes. OK OK the problem was..................i was tap testing the pickups......................with.......................the gain turned right up.........................HA! Soon as i switched to clean everything tested fine. Hows that for a fuck head?

Ok i just looked over the pickup and its pretty obvious whats going on.

I wonder if this is worth getting fixed? Maybe i could do it
[Image: 2015-01-09063603.jpg]

The wire is broken on the black side too. Hmmmm
Is the other wire visible ? Some one with considerable soldering skill [ me ] could repair that if it is .
Quote:Maybe i could do it
Looking at your soldering work, I don't like your chances. TBH.
At least you got the rest sorted out.

Quote:.i was tap testing the pickups......................with.......................the gain turned right up.........................HA! Soon as i switched to clean everything tested fine.
So you had a pedal connected while testosteroning wiring ? Noooooo...:wwe:
What was it originally?

I see an opportunity here...

Just picture this - 'Kinni K-Koil Pickups'

You'll make well... not much but its a hell of a name!
Listless Vessels!
(01-08-2015, 08:40 PM)GoldenVulture Wrote: Is the other wire visible ? Some one with considerable soldering skill [ me ] could repair that if it is .

Yeah both wires start and the finish are broken but you can get to them. And yes the pedal was on. rookie mistake

Soldering to lugs seems a lot easier then to the back of pots, well at least it is for me.

Do you want to have a go at fixing it? [Image: 2015-01-09134515.jpg]

(01-08-2015, 08:57 PM)lreese Wrote: What was it originally?

I see an opportunity here...

Just picture this - 'Kinni K-Koil Pickups'

You'll make well... not much but its a hell of a name!

What was the pup? Its a bkp sinner
(01-08-2015, 10:35 PM)kinnikuman Wrote: What was the pup? Its a bkp sinner

I'd get it rewound.

I fixed an EJ middle that was broken - looks like ass. Getting that rewound or replaced is on the to do list.
Listless Vessels!
(01-08-2015, 10:35 PM)kinnikuman Wrote: Yeah both wires start and the finish are broken but you can get to them. And yes the pedal was on. rookie mistake

Soldering to lugs seems a lot easier then to the back of pots, well at least it is for me.

Do you want to have a go at fixing it?

What was the pup? Its a bkp sinner
I'll have a go if you want me to. Email me and I'll give you an address to send it to.
(01-09-2015, 08:26 AM)lreese Wrote: I'd get it rewound.

I fixed an EJ middle that was broken - looks like ass. Getting that rewound or replaced is on the to do list.

It shouldn't need to be rewound? At most the tape would come of and you would get some more length but rewound? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah for?

(01-09-2015, 08:41 AM)GoldenVulture Wrote: I'll have a go if you want me to. Email me and I'll give you an address to send it to.

yeah you can have a go, i will be in contact, Thanks wazza
(01-09-2015, 03:21 PM)kinnikuman Wrote: It shouldn't need to be rewound? At most the tape would come of and you would get some more length but rewound? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah for?

Just saying I'd rewind it (if it were mine). the inner and outer wraps are broken. Its possible to repair it if you don't care what the result looks like.
Listless Vessels!
(01-09-2015, 05:33 PM)lreese Wrote: Just saying I'd rewind it (if it were mine). the inner and outer wraps are broken. Its possible to repair it if you don't care what the result looks like.

Its only the very last bit where they come out of the coil and into the eyelets. surly it would be a waste of time rewinding the thing.

See how that dude did it? Just unwrapped a fraction and joined it back on. No sure how gv will want to do it but whatever way i dont really care as long as it works. :toast:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anybody ever tried DIY powder coating? Agileguy 12 12,883 04-14-2015, 08:13 AM
Last Post: Oinkus
  I think I need to change my pants... youngthrasher9 3 4,497 10-29-2014, 09:37 AM
Last Post: CTN