Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Patriots cheating again
(01-21-2015, 11:56 AM)Securb Wrote: The Colts didn't show up but if I was on the Ravens I would be bullshit.
In the after game analysis Jimmy Johnson said that the "illegal play" that John Harbaugh was complaining about was a very old play that he last ran when he was a highschool coach. Also the week afterward on inside the NFL Willie McGuinest said that the Ravens defensive coordinator used to work for the Patriots and they used to run that play in practice, so it couldn't have been a surprise. He also said that the Ravens had timeouts, so they could have called a timeout and studied the formation. Lastly he said that whenever the Patriots couldn't recognize a formation they lined up in two different general purpose defenses.
How did the refs not catch the inflation issue when placing the balls for each down?

After all, baseball umpires routinely inspect and replace balls.
Because I said so. 
(01-21-2015, 07:36 PM)idsnowdog Wrote: In the after game analysis Jimmy Johnson said that the "illegal play" that John Harbaugh was complaining about was a very old play that he last ran when he was a highschool coach. Also the week afterward on inside the NFL Willie McGuinest said that the Ravens defensive coordinator used to work for the Patriots and they used to run that play in practice, so it couldn't have been a surprise. He also said that the Ravens had timeouts, so they could have called a timeout and studied the formation. Lastly he said that whenever the Patriots couldn't recognize a formation they lined up in two different general purpose defenses.

I am not talking about the trick plays I am talking about the deflated balls. Most likely they were deflated in the Ravens game also which was much closer. If the ball help a RB hold on tighter and not fumble or aided a completion or two that could have been the difference in the game.
(01-21-2015, 11:27 PM)LesStrat Wrote: How did the refs not catch the inflation issue when placing the balls for each down?

After all, baseball umpires routinely inspect and replace balls.

Everyone keeps saying that. Trying to gage a ~2 lb psi delta with raw cold hands out in the elements is not an easy task. Especially if you are not looking for it.
Its hammer time. This is the second offense (that we know of) where rules were blatantly broken. People can rationalize that what they did had no bearing on the game, but the rules are the rules and here is a repeat offender that needs to be made an example of.

Both "spygate" and "deflategate" both surround the biggest single sporting event in the country, the Super Bowl. The NFL has to protect that.

Put me in Goodell's seat and Belichick is suspended for life and his wins are vacated. He never existed.
(01-22-2015, 07:37 AM)Securb Wrote: Trying to gage a ~2 lb psi delta with raw cold hands out in the elements is not an easy task. Especially if you are not looking for it.

Also consider the overall speed of the offense, the refs are pressured (no pun intended) to spot the ball quickly.
Hey Tom while you are under that bus can you change the oil?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-at-brady/
(01-22-2015, 07:37 AM)Securb Wrote: Everyone keeps saying that. Trying to gage a ~2 lb psi delta with raw cold hands out in the elements is not an easy task. Especially if you are not looking for it.

If it's enough to matter, shouldn't they at least notice that the balls are different from the ones used by the opposition?
Because I said so. 
I hate that I'm rooting for the Pats in the Super Bowl.
I probably won't watch it.
Because I said so. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Patriot’s Coach Bill Belichick Gets Caught Cheating…Again. Securb 4 6,043 07-15-2014, 11:42 PM
Last Post: LesStrat
  Former Patriots fan favorite Tatupu dead at 54 Gator 1 1,481 02-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Gator
  Performance Enhancing Drugs Aren't the Only Method of Cheating Gator 8 3,485 03-31-2009, 01:42 PM
Last Post: 3dR3
  The Patriots Izzo did 'roids durring Championship year Securb 3 1,665 02-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Prog