Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Patriots cheating again
What kind of fine should they get this time. It seems like there is a culture of deception and cheating in Foxboro.
If there is some kind of new deception invented, within the rules or not, it seems like that team always comes up with it.
It looked like the Colts balls were empty.
I'm not sure what fines they should get, but they should lose their first and second round draft picks.
The Colts didn't show up but if I was on the Ravens I would be bullshit.
No way! The Pats would never cheat. I don't believe it.
Because I said so. 
I'm sure it has been fun in the Securb household with this latest scandal.
(01-21-2015, 12:16 PM)Hooch Wrote: I'm sure it has been fun in the Securb household with this latest scandal.

The vibe in Boston is interesting. Most people like my wife feel let down by the team. They have a "we're better than that attitude". Then there are idiots like one writer on the TMR staff that will not be mentioned. These morons are still clinging to the everyone else does it excuse, or if you are not cheating you are not trying attitude. They don't see how badly this is tarnishing Belichick legacy. I think Bill has to stay spotless for the rest of his career. At this point the smallest infraction could keep him out of Canton.
If they're both playing with the same balls, why does it favor one team over the other? Although I do think it's interesting they kept the fully-inflated one for their kicker.
(01-21-2015, 05:42 PM)misterwhizzy Wrote: If they're both playing with the same balls, why does it favor one team over the other? Although I do think it's interesting they kept the fully-inflated one for their kicker.
They aren't playing with the same balls. Each team has 12 game balls that are inspected by the refs before the game for proper inflation. So Pats use their balls and Colts use theirs. It is legal for them to burnish or break them in, but not legal for them to over/under inflate them.

Brad Johnson admitted in 2012 to paying to have the balls burnished before the superbowl, so that they were easier to handle. Is anyone talking about the Buccaneers superbowl win being tainted or Gruden being a cheat? Matt Leinart talking about game balls. Some even claim that the Raiders put helium in their balls in the 70's. So this isn't a new tactic. It's the same as stickum, Vaseline, burnished baseballs or corked bats.

If the league was serious about stopping this then they should supply the balls and not allow either team to modify them by deflating or burnishing them. They should also switch out the balls at halftime, so that neither team is switching out game balls with their own stash of modified balls.

Is it excusable that ALL teams do it to a certain extent? No! But if you're going to hand out a punishment for an acknowledged practice then a new rule needs to be put in place and countermeasures adopted. To me this smacks of sour grapes! Just like spygate it's OK to send someone to observe an opponents practice and to document their formations, but illegal to videotape it. The rationale is it's easier to videotape than to send someone who can interpret the call and recognize the formation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Patriot’s Coach Bill Belichick Gets Caught Cheating…Again. Securb 4 11,319 07-15-2014, 11:42 PM
Last Post: LesStrat
  Former Patriots fan favorite Tatupu dead at 54 Gator 1 2,993 02-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Gator
  Performance Enhancing Drugs Aren't the Only Method of Cheating Gator 8 9,192 03-31-2009, 01:42 PM
Last Post: 3dR3
  The Patriots Izzo did 'roids durring Championship year Securb 3 4,377 02-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Prog