Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anatomy of a crap pup [ partially ]
(01-29-2015, 05:54 AM)kinnikuman Wrote: I just finished another soldering job. Took me fuckig ages to do it all. I will test it tomorrow and save the disappointment until then. :toast: I am happy its a bit neater than last time.
And what have you been [ trying ] to solder ?
(01-29-2015, 06:03 AM)GoldenVulture Wrote: And what have you been [ trying ] to solder ?

:Fyou: Not that pickup if that's what you're hoping. You cant get out of that now. :toast:

Been doing this one.

[Image: spectrumkilpottwo.jpg]

I dont know what that shadow pot metal is made of but the solder stuck to it like shit to a blanket. Had to ground off the sides due to the top part being the kill switch.

Who wants to paypal bet it doesn't work right? haha
You've got a wire soldered to the wrong place..
Flux is your friend too , makes solder stick quickly without a lot of heating time.
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley
(01-29-2015, 07:01 AM)GoldenVulture Wrote: You've got a wire soldered to the wrong place..

You better be fucking joking man.

I DID IT!!!!!!!

First go. iheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbang

I feel good, time for some celebration cones. :toast: :joke::shifty:

[Image: boss%20008.jpg]
(01-29-2015, 03:44 PM)kinnikuman Wrote: You better be fucking joking man.

I DID IT!!!!!!!

First go. iheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbang

I feel good, time for some celebration cones. :toast: :joke::shifty:

[Image: boss%20008.jpg]
Yes I was joking [ In advance ], congrats.
What wattage soldering iron are you using and what sort of tip ?
(01-29-2015, 09:09 PM)GoldenVulture Wrote: Yes I was joking [ In advance ], congrats.
What wattage soldering iron are you using and what sort of tip ?

I am not using that big fucken thing anymore. my oldest bro had one he wasn't using in his toolbox so he gave it to me. Not too sure on wattage but it does the job fine. The tip on it is like a small flat blade screwdriver.

I know its not the neatest job but it worked the first time and thats enough for me. And for the recor5d i enjoyed the soldering this time.
Remove that blob of solder and you can almost eat off that job. ;)

Looks mighty fine to me.
Listless Vessels!
(01-29-2015, 08:32 AM)Oinkus Wrote: Flux is your friend too , makes solder stick quickly without a lot of heating time.

Flux makes it easier to solder but ruins the connectivity of the connection. Even solder itself can rob your guitar of tone. I have found my semen makes solid wiring connections with minimal signal loss. I you would like I would be more than happy to cum in your guitar's control cavity if you would like to get some of that tone back.
(01-30-2015, 09:10 AM)lreese Wrote: Remove that blob of solder and you can almost eat off that job. ;)

Looks mighty fine to me.

That is a recycled pot from a 1980 ibby destroyer. :toast:

@ GV how come its so hard to re-flow some factory solder joints ''mostly pot backs and claws'' ? I tried to melt that one but it took too long so i gave up./

(01-30-2015, 01:57 PM)DreX Wrote: Flux makes it easier to solder but ruins the connectivity of the connection. Even solder itself can rob your guitar of tone. I have found my semen makes solid wiring connections with minimal signal loss. I you would like I would be more than happy to cum in your guitar's control cavity if you would like to get some of that tone back.

Why are you here you fucking turd eater?