Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Am I an asshole or an idiot?
I emailed Alienware because I needed more ram for my computer here is their reply.

Alienware Wrote:Regarding the memory upgrades for your system, you can install 2 1GB DDR2 PC4200 memory sticks in your Area-51 m5700 system, DDR2 PC4200, for a total of 2 Gigabytes of RAM Memory. Your computer has only 2 memory slots integrated on it. This means that if you want to upgrade to 2GB, you will have to discard the memory already installed in the mobile system. We currently have a limited stock of this type of memory.

An estimate price for the requested memory is $143.27, per stick of RAM. This means that the upgrade price will be approximately $286.54. The price may vary depending on where the items are shipped to and taxes that must be applied depending on your area.

I can get the same ram online for $16 per stick. What the fuck is this am I missing something here. That doent include labor that is just for them to ship me the ram. Labor would be another $250!
Why can't you be both? :)
Will it blend? That is the question.
Yeah, WTF...did they misplace the decimal point?
maybe the send over a hot alien with each stick.
Aleinware service is freakin horrible. They charge $250 to look at your computer. My video card fried and it was almost $500 to replace.
Do it yourself dude, anybody can swap memory. No way in hell would I pay them those kinds of prices.
Yep I am all set with that I built this computer I am on right now. I will probally also bring this puppy up from one gig of ram to two gigs seeing Tiger has Ram so cheap.

The laptop only has 512mb of ram so it is in desprate need of a fix.
Securb Wrote:The laptop only has 512mb of ram so it is in desprate need of a fix.
Holy crap! Is it running Vista? 512MB RAM + Vista = Hell. Yeah, those RAM prices are freaking ridiculous. Speaking of ridiculous prices, I hate buying shit from brick & mortar stores anymore. You can get shit for half the cost online. [SIZE="3"]Ummmm WTF?!?!?! The banner ad at the top of the screen right now is for GAY.COM!!! WHAT THE FUCK?! Ha ha ha! Hooch! Is there something that you want to tell us?![/SIZE]
A long time ago my daddy said, "Son, always cut away from yourself with a knife, treat every firearm as though it's loaded and never update your BIOS during a lightning storm".
pervertfreak Wrote:Ummmm WTF?!?!?! The banner ad at the top of the screen right now is for GAY.COM!!! WHAT THE FUCK?! Ha ha ha! Hooch! Is there something that you want to tell us?![/SIZE]

hmmm RSS gets info from pages you visted and selects the banner accordingly...

is there something you want to tell us?? :lol:
Ummm, uh... NO!
A long time ago my daddy said, "Son, always cut away from yourself with a knife, treat every firearm as though it's loaded and never update your BIOS during a lightning storm".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please Help A Computer Idiot With A Web Surfing/Recording Desktop Jolly 7 3,415 05-28-2015, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Jolly