Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold saint.bridge posts.
I did it finally. Well almost i need o drill down a bit more as the thread is a bit longer than the bushing. The finish chipped up a bit in one spot which is a bit disappointing. It really should have been done first i dont know what i was thinking. I got a new spray gun so i might even refinish it in acrylic but we will see

I was thinking i might paint this bridge yellow.:monkey: or i notixced that the new gotoh wrap around bridges are ''Almost'' the same stud spacing so i could get a gold one of those. Its like .3mm difference between them

[Image: builds%20002.jpg]

[Image: builds%20001.jpg]

Securb man one step closer now. :toast:

A black bridge and yellow pups could work?

[Image: builds.jpg]

Also the bridge sits a bit too high so a neck pocket shim will be needed. Which is a bit odd because i measured my stock dt 50 and they matched yet i seem to have a height difference. Maybe because one is a 1980 and the other 81.
I just shimmed the neck up. I used some basswood i had lying around. hehe.

I will just keep the schaller now, i think it works well with the look of the guitar.

Originally i was going to get the bridge and neck plate powder coated yellow but now i am thinking i might just paint them black.
That's pretty righteous. Looks like patience pays off.
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
Thanks but i feel that was a sympathy reply flange haha.

One of the saddles screws is different on the bridge. They have added a spring in there to compensate. Screws seem impossible to find so i was thinking i could mod some m3/30mm screws. Would putting it in my drill press and running a file around it to create the smooth spots be a bad idea?

I am guessing no haha
I just had some issues with bridge screws and the spring on a Nashville was a pain. Only problem is you have to make sure the file doesn't move at all and make sure you turn down the drill press for only a few rotations at a time slow is good. I have grown to hate wraparounds , last few I have gotten have been just awful to work on. Plug , drill and install a TOM or anything else.
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley
(03-06-2015, 06:22 PM)Oinkus Wrote: I just had some issues with bridge screws and the spring on a Nashville was a pain. Only problem is you have to make sure the file doesn't move at all and make sure you turn down the drill press for only a few rotations at a time slow is good. I have grown to hate wraparounds , last few I have gotten have been just awful to work on. Plug , drill and install a TOM or anything else.

good points bro.

I am only using this bridge because someone had done a failed fr conversion on this and fucked it. So i wanted to restore it but i needed a bridge that would be wide enough that the posts go into the actual body wood and not the plug.
While we're on the subject of this bridge...

What do you think of it. I've seen a similar one before and thought about picking one up a long time ago.

I think the one I was looking at was a Schaller. Is this the same one?
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
(03-07-2015, 05:28 AM)Big Flannel Wrote: While we're on the subject of this bridge...

What do you think of it. I've seen a similar one before and thought about picking one up a long time ago.

I think the one I was looking at was a Schaller. Is this the same one?

Yeah schaller 455. the 456 is the same but has a fine tuner tailpiece. Which this one can also have.

Well its schaller so the quality is decent. I haven't used one like this so i dont know anything beyond that.

The gotoh 510 wraparound looks better. Smoother if you will. haha

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EVO gold is gold! kinnikuman 13 14,313 08-22-2015, 03:57 PM
Last Post: kinnikuman
  WTB - Tele Bridge Pickups idsnowdog 8 10,159 06-25-2015, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Securb
  WTB: A "decent" bridge humbucker for project Securb 5 6,353 03-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Securb