Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZO2 deliver a huge classic punch with their new release
July 22- TMRzoo.com -ZO2 has to be one of the biggest sounding trios I have ever heard. In the tradition of Cream, The James Gang and The Jimi Hendrix Experience these guys hit you wall of sound that will bring you to your knees. The music is very raw and edgy but never sloppy or immature. The band uses classic trappings throughout the album, a touch of Hammond Organ, soulful backup singers and big wha wha guitar solos. Still ZO2 keep away from the obvious clichés.

The album opens with what I am guessing is the single, “Isolate” is a funky off meter rocker with a huge back beat. From there the album picks up steam and never disappoints. A huge stand out is the song “If You See Kay”. This song sounds more Aerosmith than Aerosmith has in 25 years. Close your eyes and think back to “Toys in the Attic” or “Rocks”. The guitarist Paulie Z captures the classic Perry tone with his Les Paul and Marshall cranked.

The rhythm section comprised of Paullie’s brother David Z the former bassist from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, with the assistance of drummer Joey Cassata. They lay down the tightest grooves I have heard in a long time. Suprisingly with all of the talent in this band the album is refreshingly void of obnoxious ultra fast progressive instrumental breaks. It is full or great soulful funky rock grooves.

So what does ZO2 mean? I have no clue; I am thinking it is a unit of time measurement. Something like a nanosecond because that is how long it will take you to fall in love with this album.

- Bruce Owens
I cannot stress how good this freakin album is
That song with the video in the column absolutely ROCKS!!!

I can't wait to hear the rest of it.
There's no crying in baseball
Gator I am going to pop a copy in the mail for you Monday.
Great, thanks.
Crap, the video is no longer available.
I can still see it :confused:
It's working now
I just gave this another listen on the way to work with the moonroof open and the tunes blaring - what a great album end to end.
Still waiting for it.....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A True Classic! lreese 1 3,189 03-16-2015, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Securb
  Classic Music robertcruze 15 22,165 05-29-2014, 08:12 AM
Last Post: LesStrat
  '1959 - Jazz's Greatest Year,' Classic Albums by Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck and Charles Mingus All Celebrate 50th Anniver Securb 1 2,822 03-14-2009, 09:31 AM
  Spinal Tap to Tour and Release New Album Speng 4 5,275 03-08-2009, 06:49 PM
  Columbia Records to Release 'David Gilmour Live In Gdansk' -- Double Live Album and Concert DVD Securb 2 4,192 06-23-2008, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Prog