Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Listened to Van Halen's 'Live at Tokyo Dome' today.
Didn't know what to expect and I gotta say it's a damn good disc.

All Roth material, so if you like some of the stuff with Hagar or Cherone you may be a bit disappointed.

One great surprise was a live version of Eruption.
If anyone ever doubted whether Eddie could play it live as well as it is on the album will have their doubts answered.

I did write up a review about it, so if you're wondering anything else about the disc keep an eye on the homepage.

I will say that if you have a chance at least give it a listen, but if you're a VH fan then definitely pick it up.
How do they hide Wolfies miserable playing ? What did they use to change Davids voice into sounds that = actual singing?
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley
Sounds like touring has tightened up Wolfgang's playing, pretty standard.
Dave's voice has changed over time and he seems to have adjusted his approach.

Big change from their last album.

I liked it, but it's up to you to decide if you like it.
Saw them on Kimmel thought it was awful but Alex and Eddie were great regardless.
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley
The opening of the disc was a bit rough, but as the show moved on they sounded better so the second disc is definitely a lot stronger.

The mix also seemed to shift slightly as the show moved on with the bass not being as dominant after the first couple songs.
Here's the link to the review from the homepage.
Had Dave added smacking himself in the nose with the mic stand to the set at that point?
Because I said so. 
Not sure, maybe in the encore?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Live in concert!" ???? lol LesStrat 7 8,352 09-10-2015, 10:27 PM
Last Post: LesStrat
  This is my jam today youngthrasher9 3 5,533 07-11-2014, 08:00 PM
Last Post: fattyjack
  Best Post Van Halen Album Securb 13 15,299 05-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Speng
  Best Live Album Ever! Securb 2 3,946 11-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Speng
  Alice Cooper - Theatre Of Death-Live At Hammersmith 2009 (DVD W/Bonus CD) (2010) Varulven 1 2,765 10-31-2010, 10:19 PM
Last Post: Varulven
  U2: Live At Red Rocks and Under a Blood Red Sky Gator 5 6,378 08-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Gator
  Columbia Records to Release 'David Gilmour Live In Gdansk' -- Double Live Album and Concert DVD Securb 2 4,242 06-23-2008, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Prog