Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TMR Movie Review - Iron Man
Iron Man is the must see movie of the summer. It is refreshing to have a departure from the sickeningly sweet Toby McGuire and the Spiderman franchise. A lot of these graphic novels are hitting their 3rd,4th and in some cases 6th big screen adaptations. The dilution of these stories is causing a lot of license to being taken with the personas of these heroes. The campy punch lines and bad acting has ruined a lot of movies that on the drawing board had a lot of potential.

Further ruining this genre is the over use of CGI and animation. CGI should accent a movie not be a crutch for its production. This over use of CGI forces you to sit through not a fantasy film, but an insult to your intelligence.

Iron Man doesn’t take too many liberties with your imagination. The movie leans more to the SciFi camp than the fantasy world. Of course a man in a flying metal suit is a stretch for the imagination. The storyline isn’t .

Unlike the Xmen, Spiderman and Fantastic 4 series there are no boogiemen or green gremlins to battle. There is no radioactive goo that turns girls invisible. I don’t want to get to off topic but how stupid is it to cast one of the hottest girls in Hollywood to be invisible? Were they tied of covering hot girls in blue paint?

There is no blue or green nemesis in Iron Man. The villains are believable characters played fantastic actors. Faran Tahir is a perfect choice for a bad ass for Iron Man to battle. His character is pure evil and his acting is superb. Faran isn’t the only great performance Jeff Bridge is fantastic as is Oscar winner Robert Downey Jr.

Set in modern day this story about an arms dealer never gets political or preachy. The movie’s only goal is to entertain not teach and it is an entertaining movie. Expect lots of explosions and great fight scenes. The movie is punched up with a bit of humor but never gets sappy or stupid.

This is a must see on the big screen don’t wait for DVD.
Not me yet... but the boy wants all the goddamn toys from Burger King already cause all the kids in school had 'em.
There is a good chance I will be going tomorrow
Not me, the next trip I make to the theater will be for Indy 4.
Speng Wrote:Not me, the next trip I make to the theater will be for Indy 4.

I have to take the kid out so I may as well make it worth while
As soon as I have some free time, I'm definitely going. Looks awesome as hell.
Best movie I have seen in a while great story line, awesome effects nice flow of action. Robert Downey was great as was the rest to the cast.
Iron Man is the must see movie of the summer. It is refreshing to have a departure from the sickeningly sweet Toby McGuire and the Spiderman franchises. A lot of these graphic novels are hitting their 3rd,4th and in some cases 6th big screen adaptations. The dilution of these stories is causing a lot of license to being taken with the personas of these heroes. The campy punch lines and bad acting has ruined a lot of movies that on the drawing board had a lot of potential.

Further ruining this genre is the over use of CGI and animation. CGI should accent a movie not be a crutch for its production. This over use of CGI forces you to sit through not a fantasy film, but an insult to your intelligence.

Iron Man doesn’t take too many liberties with your imagination. The movie leans more to the SciFi camp than the fantasy world. Of course a man in a flying metal suit is a stretch for the imagination. The storyline isn’t .

There are no boogieman or green gremlins to battle. There is no radioactive goo that turns girls invisible. I don’t want to get to off topic but how stupid is it to cast one of the hottest girls in Hollywood to be invisible? Were they tied of covering hot girls in blue paint?

There is no blue or green nemesis in Iron Man. The villains are believable characters played fantastic actors. Faran Tahir is a perfect choice for a bad ass for Iron Man to battle. His character is pure evil and his acting is superb. Faran isn’t the only great performance Jeff Bridge is fantastic as is Oscar winner Robert Downey Jr.

Set in modern day this story about an arms dealer never gets political or preachy. It does have a good vs. evil story line but stays nonpartisan. The movie’s only goal is to entertain not teach and it is an entertaining movie. Expect lots of explosions and great fight scenes. The movie is punched up with a bit of humor but never gets sappy or stupid.

This is a must see on the big screen don’t wait for DVD.
Went to the theater Saturday afternoon for this one..... what a great movie!

It had everything... very cool and interesting origin story; lots of very well done action, not too reliant on CGI and not just the same old beat 'em up, great set pieces; acting was superb, Downey jr was perfect for the role, and Paltrow was looking fine as ever; the comedy was good, lots of good lines; and best of all, it keeps you wanting more.

I can't wait for the inevitable sequel, but for now this will eventually find a place in my blu-ray collection. Excellent movie, two thumbs up!
Forgot to mention the one downside...... we got to experience a kid's birthday party!! Who took up the whole fucking row right in front of us!! And who wouldn't shut the hell up for the entire movie!! Luckily I was able to tune them out for the most part, but they were still an unnecessary distraction. God damned kids. This is why I buy DVDs....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TMR Movie Review: Avatar Securb 8 11,349 02-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Last Post: bobbyt2
  Best summer movie for 2009? skarydrunkguy 13 16,031 05-30-2009, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Securb
  Greatest Movie Badass of All Time is ... Dirty Harry Securb 13 16,309 02-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Last Post: 3dR3
  TMR Zoo Top 10 Greatest Science Fiction Films Speng 7 8,358 10-02-2008, 04:35 AM
Last Post: TooFunny
  TMR Zoo Top 10 Greatest Gangster Films Speng 15 17,191 09-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Tina12312
  TMR Zoo Top 10 Greatest Western Films Speng 9 10,030 09-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Worm
  TMR Zoo Top 10 Greatest Fantasy Films Speng 8 9,041 09-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Last Post: bobbyt2
  TMR Zoo Top 10 Greatest Animated Films Speng 14 16,896 08-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Securb
  TMR Zoo Top 10 Greatest Sports Films Speng 16 17,072 07-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Last Post: 3dR3
  Movie: Religulous - Coming Oct.3rd 2008 pervertfreak 1 3,188 06-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Last Post: pervertfreak