Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've got mad respect for this 12 year old
I generally play female toons in games just because for the most part because they look better.
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley
(04-11-2015, 01:57 PM)Securb Wrote: Maddie and the rest of the younger generation needs to understand life is full of disappointments.

You can't always get what you want but you get what you need.

-Jagger

A little optimism won't kill you.
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.

Typically speaking, I play games to get away from women.
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
I bet there are plenty of women play video games to get away from men.
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.

Most of them are probably monsters who's opinions don't matter lol.
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

(04-11-2015, 01:57 PM)Securb Wrote: Maddie and the rest of the younger generation needs to understand life is full of disappointments.

You can't always get what you want but you get what you need.

-Jagger

True, but this is not one of those situations. She saw a problem, pointed it out to someone with the power to solve the problem, and the problem was fixed. I can't see what your problem with that is... You don't ever get anything by not asking for it. Its not like she's asking for ramps to be installed on all public buildings or something ridiculous like that - just that a few pixels are moved around in the next app update.
Ding.

I'm sorry Jordan but the whole arguement is retarded.

The whole taking on "descrimination" thing has to go. There's a difference between real deal discrimination and walking around (and teaching your kids to walk around) like you have a stick up your ass 24/7.

The fact is that kids need to know that virtually every part of life will feel like walking against the current unless you quit being a fucking pussy and power through.

If living a full life were easy, everyone would be doing it.

(04-11-2015, 05:06 PM)Agileguy Wrote: A little optimism won't kill you.

Yes but going around acting like the entire world is one big injustice is what I'd describe as social pessimism.
I realize that this is far from a perfect analogy, but bear with me.

Let's pretend that you go to the doctor because you're having a premature ejaculation problem. They put you with a woman, but you don't feel comfortable talking about this with a female doctor and you ask for a man. They send in male doctor, but it costs an extra $100.

That's not too far off from what's going on here. These game developers realize that more than half of their audience is female and decide to charge extra money for a female character that doesn't have any advantages over the male character. I think this is unethical.

I understand that this isn't the same kind of discrimination as segregation or not serving a person based on their ethnicity/gender/sexual orientation. It may even be debatable as to whether or not this is discrimination - after all, women are still able to play, just not as a woman, unless they pay for it. But that's where the term used in the article - "pricing discrimination" comes into play. It's kind of like if Nabisco charged an extra dollar for oreos that had absolutely nothing changed about them except for the label being in Spanish.

*yawn*

ok
Charging for the character that is already available is wrong. Charging when it requires changing the program is how capitalism works.

Getting butthurt because you want to play every game in a character of YOUR choosing is selfish and unreasonable.

Back to my earlier question: should I be offended because Tomb Raider makes me play as a female?

Of course not. The main character in the story IS female.

COD: Advanced Warfare has a female character in the game, but she is a SUPPORTING character. The player is in the role of the MAIN character who is male. Expecting to change the main character just because your butt hurts is insipid.

I have played dozens of games that have put me in the roles of characters who are NOTHING LIKE ME.

So what?

It's called, "fantasy." You are imagining yourself as someone or something else. In other words, YOU are not the character (duh).

Silliness.

I downloaded Defiance (?) last week. The game lets you design your character, but within limited parameters. When I encountered my son in an online game, I chuckled that BOTH of us had female characters. chairfall

Again I ask, so what?

Fantasy. Fan-ta-sy.

Why did Donkey Kong have black fur? Were the designers racist? Were they making a social commentary with the characters appearance?

Why are Mario and Luigi Italian? Are all plumbers Italian? Are all Italians plumbers?
Because I said so. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy New Year from the Inkwell johnjohn 0 1,357 12-31-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: johnjohn
  Idea for Valentines' Day Next Year lreese 0 1,806 02-23-2015, 08:53 PM
Last Post: lreese
  What Did We Get Stuck In Our Rectums Last Year? Securb 9 8,695 12-26-2014, 08:45 PM
Last Post: idsnowdog
  Happy New Year! Hooch 18 13,398 01-01-2011, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Speng
  Happy New Year Speng 15 11,872 01-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Last Post: 3dR3
  12-Year Old McDonald's Hamburger Still Looking Good Speng 17 15,082 10-20-2008, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Prog
  105-Year-Old Virgin Reveals Secret Of Longevity Speng 15 12,552 10-14-2008, 11:13 AM
  101-Year-Old Woman Gets Driver's License Renewed Until 2011 Speng 7 6,732 06-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Securb
  13 Year Old Steals Dad's Credit Card to Buy Hookers Speng 8 21,262 05-14-2008, 09:57 AM