Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long deep tenon construction
I would imagine something like this would be a better design. Considering the neck pickup could be a potential weak point? Maybe i guess depending on how thick the neck heel is. Hmmmm

[Image: idea.jpg]
Past the neck pup, it's mostly aesthetic and doesn't contribute all that much to the stability of the neck's playing surface anyway... As long as the joint to the body wings are good, you should be a-ok with that super strat design

Sent by smoke signal from a covert location in the middle of the French North.
(07-11-2015, 07:55 PM)CTN Wrote: Past the neck pup, it's mostly aesthetic and doesn't contribute all that much to the stability of the neck's playing surface anyway... As long as the joint to the body wings are good, you should be a-ok with that super strat design

It wouldn't have wings, The body would be 1 piece. The neck would be glued in from above. So if you imagine the heel being around 20mm thick then if the pickup cavity is 15mm that only leaves a 5mm below.  

Shel be right though but yeah talking the smack.
Yeah i know.. You know what i meant.

I'm just all aflutter over the 'long' and 'deep' part.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FORMULA73's post:

(07-11-2015, 08:58 PM)FORMULA73 Wrote: I'm just all aflutter over the 'long' and 'deep' part.

dont forget the 'hard' part
I would prefer the DC LP guitar over this superstrat biz but it's a sweet idea. Do it long and deep.
All the way to the bridge!
Listless Vessels!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So How Long... lreese 11 10,090 12-19-2015, 12:53 PM
Last Post: karpathion