Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No One Knows
Don't know if anyone wants this. I am doing No One Knows by QOTSA with the new band. I didn't want to tune to C so I transcribed it to standard tuning. Here it is if you want it. 
I'll have to check this out later. A huge part of the QotSA sound is their low tuning but it'd be cool to play their stuff on any guitar. Thanks Bruce.
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.

I figure for a club gig the tone will be passable. I don't want to change tunings if I can avoid it.
Yeah there probably aren't many other songs in C standard that you could use. If you were doing like 5 or 6 songs it might be worth it but not just one or two.
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.

(04-18-2015, 04:57 PM)Securb Wrote: I figure for a club gig the tone will be passable. I don't want to change tunings if I can avoid it.

H9 won't do that for you?  Haven't played with tuning down on mine.
Listless Vessels!
(04-18-2015, 08:30 PM)lreese Wrote: H9 won't do that for you?  Haven't played with tuning down on mine.

I have used it to drop to Eb. The further you go past that the more digital it sounds. This song in particular is in C tuning but he is playing mostly around the 7th fret. Pulling the tuning to standard gives you no issue of running out of neck. I am now playing around the 3rd fret. I am hitting the same notes Josh hits, just with tighter strings. 
Had you thought about just dropping the E to C?

(04-18-2015, 10:50 PM)Agileguy Wrote: Had you thought about just dropping the E to C?

Not for one song. Check out the tab it is easier just dropping your hand 4 frets.