Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private Message Issues
I was not able to reply to any of your messages yet.
(05-04-2015, 09:55 PM)FORMULA73 Wrote: Hey-tell us:  who the fuck were you on SDUGF back in the day?

Well, SnakeAces is my original account at SDUGF. I joined in Sep 2006 or so IIRC. Snake Aces is a stage name I was using in the band I was in in the early to mid 2000's. We all had stage names except for the singer/rhythm guitarist. So, I signed up under that name. 

As I grew a little older I tried distancing myself from that name a bit. Some of this may or may not have to do with a gig I played in a very cold area in North America. It was a bitter cold day when we had a gig at a bar. I believe the actual temp was -19° F with a wind chill somewhere around -29° F. We called ahead to see if the gig had been cancelled but the bar told us it had not been cancelled so we should go ahead and show up or risk not ever being booked there again. So, we show up. Nobody else really does which was new to us as we were pretty popular in the area. 

Anyway, we were drinking away and I had a few too many Cap'n Cokes as we waited to take the stage. The opening two acts played their gig to an empty room besides the bartender and us musicians. We were getting ready to take the stage as about 10 people showed up. I was pretty piss drunk at this time but I had played gigs in worse conditions than this. Right before we took stage the owner of the bar told us we were cancelled and would not be getting paid. I was a bit unreasonable about the situation and decided to piss all over the bathroom floor and walls. I told my fellow songwriter in the band what I had done as I was laughing my ass off and he took me and stashed me in the van. He came out a few minutes later and said they called the cops and were looking for me to file vandalism charges against me. Luckily my bandmates and the few fans that were there had my back and didn't give them my real name.

So, I tried to stop using the name for a bit. I do not remember when it was, but sometime from 2008 to 2009 I tried creating a second account (not knowing it was against the rules) under a new name. I was kind of tired of the SDUGF rules against discussing religion and politics at the time too so I stirred some shit up and got called out by an admin for having two accounts. They banned the new account (obviously) and said I could keep my SnakeAces login as long as I followed the forum rules from then on. I do not remember the exact name on SDUGF but I think it was something to do with voodootone or something.
Is there a "25 post" requirement?

Some forums have a minimum post requirement before you can access some features.
Because I said so. 
(05-04-2015, 11:14 PM)LesStrat Wrote: Is there a "25 post" requirement?

Some forums have a minimum post requirement before you can access some features.

I better get postin' then:

[Image: post-it-note.jpg]
You're so close.
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
[Image: So_Close.jpg]
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.

Still cannot reply to PM's even after 25 posts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welcome to the new TMR Message Boards Hooch 5 2,359 02-07-2014, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Securb