Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official TMR Fuzz Thread
Come one, come all ye fuzz lovers! (so basically me and Devin)

On thy hallowed ground may we freely worship the gods and goddesses of fuzz.

Let us begin with the muff (twss):

This was one of the songs that really drew me to the big muff circuit.

Post anything about fuzz in this thread. Go!
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Agileguy's post:

Fuck yeah!

Have you played a Fender Blender, yet? I know I've brought it up to you before.
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
someone suggest a nice fuzz for bluesy tones and rock. Something sorta low gain that can get wooly and thick at the same time and give me a fuzzy feel without the raw huge gain normally associated with thick fuzzy tones.
Nah, I haven't tried the fender blender. It's on my list though, along with the Ampeg Scrambler. I really want to get into the more wild and gnarly side of fuzz.

Ryan: the first pedal that comes to mind would be the Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe. Give me a bit and I'll think of something that's not $200. It really is an awesome pedal though.
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.

You know what, I think you would really like a nice fuzz face. They can be a bit finnicky - they prefer low to medium output pickups, most of them have to be first in the chain, etc - but my Analogman sunface sounds killer for blues and rock. I don't know if you have much fuzz face experience, but a good one will have different shades of dirt from 0-8 on your guitar's volume without ever fully cleaning up (though some do). Then from 9-10 you get full blown fuzz tones - definitely woolly and thick.

I'd go to your local guitar shop and try the dunlop fuzz faces, they're pretty good. I tried the blue mini one (I don't remember if it was the regular SI or the Hendrix) and it was great. I think you might like a germanium one a bit more though, they're warmer and fatter. And best of all they're like $100.

Check this one out if they have it wherever you go:

Maybe try something from over on B.Y.O.C. like this http://buildyourownclone.com/collections...esvfuzzpnp not real pricey and you get to build it yourself. There are a few over there to choose from too.
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley
That's what I was going to suggest.

Maybe the newer EHX satisfaction fuzz?
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
I haven't tried the satisfaction personally but from the demos I've heard it seems a bit rattier/gnarlier than what ryan may be looking for.

IMO there's no better place to start your fuzz journey than the fuzz face. IIRC the Sunface was my first fuzz. That pedal will be buried with me.

I love my Big Muff Pi. Here is a live clip from a few years back:

Big Muff Pi
95% of my last band's record was guitar -> big muff -> 68 Bassman.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The becoming non-complacent in your playing thread. karpathion 17 16,412 03-19-2016, 06:38 AM
Last Post: Securb
  Fuzz incoming Agileguy 5 6,279 02-12-2016, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Agileguy
  The GAS Thread Agileguy 28 31,039 09-25-2015, 06:56 AM
Last Post: Big Flannel
  Proteus build thread (uber-tele) CTN 145 134,658 07-16-2015, 07:58 PM
Last Post: kinnikuman
  Positive ground fuzz - edufy me CTN 47 47,748 05-23-2015, 06:30 PM
Last Post: CTN