Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Philadelphia Eagles and those other teams in the division
(05-07-2015, 09:06 AM)Snake Aces Wrote: Agreed. Griffin should have had tons of success in Shanahan's system as it is ideal for rollout QB's but even that was too much for him to adapt to. 

I've done that and yes, it took years of practice. Was it worth it? Yes. However, I am almost 32 now. If I was an NFL QB my career would either be over already or on the back end of it. I do not think NFL teams have the patience to wait 8 years for athletic QB's to learn how to use their arms first.

I loved Mike Shanahan and thought Kyle did a great job tailoring an offense to Griffin's abilities. The issue was they should have pulled him off the field before he blew his knee out again and there was also that special relationship Griffin had with Dan Snyder. So a combination of an injury and trying to compensate for that injury as well as the breakdown of relationships which is typical under Snyder's ownership. It was a all a recipe for disaster. But I do miss the Shanahans personally. Not that I'm not supporting Gruden now but I just never thought Mike or Kyle were the problem.
(05-07-2015, 09:10 AM)hareek Wrote: I loved Mike Shanahan and thought Kyle did a great job tailoring an offense to Griffin's abilities.  The issue was they should have pulled him off the field before he blew his knee out again and there was also that special relationship Griffin had with Dan Snyder.  So a combination of an injury and trying to compensate for that injury as well as the breakdown of relationships which is typical under Snyder's ownership.  It was a all a recipe for disaster.  But I do miss the Shanahans personally.  Not that I'm not supporting Gruden now but I just never thought Mike or Kyle were the problem.

I think the Shanahans were the perfect coaches for Washington. It's a shame Snyder is both impatient and at ties meddling. They definitely should have kept Griffin off the field after the knee in D.C.
(05-06-2015, 09:24 PM)Snake Aces Wrote: I'm a Giants fan myself. I respect the Skins though. It's the Eagles and Cowboys who I do not like so much. Probably because their fans are the worst...

You should probably discuss that with the site's Founder and Eagles season ticket holder Hooch. 
(05-07-2015, 09:39 AM)Securb Wrote: You should probably discuss that with the site's Founder and Eagles season ticket holder Hooch. 

Uh-oh. Oops. What I meant so say is go Eagles! Rah-rah! 

In all seriousness though, I always did respect Randall Cunningham. 
(05-07-2015, 09:40 AM)Snake Aces Wrote: Uh-oh. Oops. What I meant so say is go Eagles! Rah-rah! 

In all seriousness though, I always did respect Randall Cunningham. 

In all honesty Hooch probably doesn't give a fuck what you think about the Eagles. He just wants a picture of you so he knows who to throw the battery at in the Linc parking lot. 
(05-09-2015, 12:56 AM)Securb Wrote: In all honesty Hooch probably doesn't give a fuck what you think about the Eagles. He just wants a picture of you so he knows who to throw the battery at in the Linc parking lot. 

Oh, no problem! I can provide a pic. This is me:

[Image: 011713-chip_kelly-600.jpg]

Tell Hooch to put a little extra mustard on that throw while he's at it!
(05-09-2015, 04:57 AM)Snake Aces Wrote: Oh, no problem! I can provide a pic. This is me:

[Image: 011713-chip_kelly-600.jpg]

Tell Hooch to put a little extra mustard on that throw while he's at it!

Are you trying to help the Eagles?

Seriously I'm surprised eagles fans haven't beaten Kelly to death yet. They still believe in that stupid fast paced offense.

"Suuuuuure give all of our great talent away Chip just keep speeding things up!!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes hareek's post:

I moved the NFC East fandom talk out of the other thread... didnt want to take away from the fact that the Patriots are filthy fucking scumbag cheaters.
(05-09-2015, 07:26 AM)Hooch Wrote: I moved the NFC East fandom talk out of the other thread... didnt want to take away from the fact that the Patriots are filthy fucking scumbag cheaters.

Good idea. Fuck the Patriots. The Eagles would actually have a SB ring if it wasn't for the cheaters of the century. 
(05-09-2015, 07:02 AM)hareek Wrote: Seriously I'm surprised eagles fans haven't beaten Kelly to death yet. They still believe in that stupid fast paced offense.

Give it a few more games. If they start losing out of the gate it will get ugly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eagles fans named the most hated in the NFL Speng 5 9,627 09-16-2015, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Speng