Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hipster Love
Show me a hipster with the upper-body strength to haul a B.A.R. around and I'll concede.
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
(06-03-2015, 08:02 AM)Big Flannel Wrote: Show me a hipster with the upper-body strength to haul a B.A.R. around and I'll concede.

Good luck finding that.
I have never cared about cool and whatever people are doing I don't want to do. Does that make me a contrarian?
(06-03-2015, 09:10 AM)idsnowdog Wrote: I have never cared about cool and whatever people are doing I don't want to do.  Does that make me a contrarian?

My guess is no, you are not a contrarian because you just don't care. A contrarian acts like they don't care while actively seeking to do the opposite. 

What does the panel think on this subject? Is idsnowdog a contrarian or not?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake Aces's post:

No.

Contrary to belief, a contrarian is actively contrary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Flannel's post:

(06-03-2015, 09:10 AM)idsnowdog Wrote: I have never cared about cool and whatever people are doing I don't want to do.  Does that make me a contrarian?

I'm pretty sure that makes you a hipster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FORMULA73's post:

(06-03-2015, 10:00 AM)FORMULA73 Wrote: I'm pretty sure that makes you a hipster.

I didn't even think about that. I'm pretty sure you're right on this one. 
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake Aces's post:

(06-03-2015, 10:00 AM)FORMULA73 Wrote: I'm pretty sure that makes you a hipster.

But I don't like trends, scenes, traditions or symbols?  All of which seem to be hallowed hallmarks of hipsterism.
He who denies his hipster history is hipster himself.

This is deep.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Flannel's post:

(06-03-2015, 10:28 AM)Big Flannel Wrote: He who denies his hipster history is hipster himself.

This is deep.

There is no escaping. If you really did "like it before it was cool" and "don't care about that bullshit," by definition, you buck the trend and are a hipster.

If you find old stuff that's cool and make it your own, you're a hipster.

There is no way to win this. 

Those obscure black metal dudes? Hipsters.
70s Arena Rock bands that released 8 tracks and vinyl? Hipsters
If you wear plastic rimmed glasses because they're all that's available these days and you don't give a fuck? Hipster.

Whether we subscribe to the Hipster lifestyle willingly or not, we're ALL HIPSTERS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FORMULA73's post:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who doesn't love camping? kacstar 28 28,766 06-11-2015, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Jolly
  I would love the chance to beat the shit out of this guy. Securb 6 7,802 04-14-2015, 03:40 PM
Last Post: idsnowdog
  (NSFW) I love the Waffle House Securb 21 21,653 02-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Hooch