Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New pedalboard preview
(07-04-2015, 11:08 PM)Agileguy Wrote: Oh and the board plus pedals and power supplies weighs in at about 24lbs, so it should be about 25 with the handles, feet, and jacks attached. Not too bad considering it's three quarter inch plywood.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

:toast: 
Is there enough room for the front of your foot, if it's on the wah ?
[Image: ba1a6b60abdf87491d2df48395ab8af7.jpg]
Half of my heel hangs off the wah but it works nicely. I wish I had moved the wah down a bit but I really don't want to redo the board. I may though (it'd be nice to get the cable routes under my switcher) I'd move the wah just a hair. There's really not much room for it, I made the board as compact as I could while still getting everything I need from it.
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.

So I've got a bit of an issue here, maybe you guys can help me?

Now that I've got the reverb unit incoming, I need a way to control it from the board. The problem is, I've only got five jacks on my patchbay - one for in, one for out, one for fx send, one for fx return, and one for my amp controls.

Can I perhaps combine the fx send and return into one jack and use a breakout cable at the loop itself?
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.

As much as I don't want to leave Mexico, I'm looking forward to getting home and working on my board again. I need to finish it already haha.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Progress!

[Image: cd29ad10d9743a228eb90c087c0ec6d3.jpg]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Agileguy's post:

Righteous!

You're gonna be finished building a board before I even velcro my shit down lol
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Flannel's post:

I'm just waiting on an iec inlet to arrive (I lost the first one somehow...) but I think I have enough to finally start wiring this up.

[Image: 6f25b45768c313b1dec769303a3d0845.jpg]

Ok so as some of you may have noticed, I sold the Strymons recently. I also sold the midi switcher as I wasn't really digging it. It's a great unit, I just don't find it as useful as I hoped I would.

So with those gone, I need a new board. New project time!

[Image: bc6271a2388f8913918e06d0f6732030.jpg]

I'm going to do up this board like I did the last one - all the cables will be run under the board, and I may even recess the power supply so the vibe machine is at an even height with the tuner. More because I can than out of necessity. But it will look cool. I've definitely learned a lot from doing the last board though - I know i need to make the routes for the cables wider and just slightly deeper so that they fit better and the pedals can grip the Velcro well.

The mesa footswitch is a placeholder for a switcher for my space echo and reverb unit that I'm currently having a friend paint up for me. The rising sun enclosure is a placeholder for a Diamond Memory Lane Jr. The little mini enclosure in the corner will be an expression pedal for the Spectre. Last but not least, I'll have a patchbay under the tuner. So overall it will have way less going on than my last big board, but I'm okay with that. I can always swap out a pedal here or there - I think getting a different fuzz that I can change out the sunface with would be a good idea. This board will definitely have less modulation than I'm used to, but the Spectre can do a lot of different tones, and I'll still have the space echo and reverb unit in the chain, so I'm not too worried.

For what it's worth, this board will be used with my Bassman. My plan is to have one board for each of my amps. My Egnater board is already done, and I just need a delay for this board and a phaser for my Mesa board and they'll all be done.

For now.

You sir are absolutely nuts!

(In a good way...)
:monkey:
Listless Vessels!
I honestly want to stop buying pedals. Like I said, I need two more to have all my boards full. Beyond that, I want Paul Trombetta to make me like one pedal a year for as long as he makes pedals (I simply love his stuff) starting with a buzzaround and/or a superfuzz. And maybe I'll get a Rat so I can swap the Timmy in and out when I feel like something different. But I honestly don't want any more pedals unless I get another amp, which won't be happening any time soon.

As far as gear goes, I'm pretty happy with my collection right now. I'd like another D'avanzo (I even know exactly what I want except for pickup config) but that won't happen for a long time.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NPDx4 + pedalboard finished CTN 8 8,452 06-25-2015, 04:01 PM
Last Post: CTN
  Let's see your first pedalboard! Agileguy 6 6,915 06-02-2015, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Oinkus
  "Fuck yo Pedalboard!" Says the Musonic Wah Agileguy 0 2,255 05-03-2015, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Agileguy
  Now This is a Pedalboard!!! lreese 2 3,623 10-13-2014, 07:14 PM
Last Post: lreese