Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whatcha doin?
Musically i mean. What are you doing with your talent and skills? Is it productive? Do you play just for your cat/dog/goldfish/hamster or do you jam with others, write, record, gig, etc?
I write, record when I feel like it and jam with others whenever I can. I have had trouble so far meeting people here in Greece who want to play in a band doing originals. Most people here want to do covers but that's just not where my interests are. In the past I have played in a few bands and I miss some of those guys. Sometimes you never really appreciate how much fun you were having until it's gone.

I just played a solo gig a week ago on electric guitar. It was great and I hope to get more opportunities like that or maybe I will just start busking.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake Aces's post:

Man that's brave. I would hate to do a solo electric gig. There's like nothing to hide behind if you screw up!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
(06-16-2015, 05:48 PM)CTN Wrote: Man that's brave. I would hate to do a solo electric gig. There's like nothing to hide behind if you screw up!

That's exactly what I was thinking going into it too. I am so desperate to meet people to jam with here that I'll whore myself out like this though. 

It went really great though and I'm glad I did it now because it boosted my confidence quite a bit. I never thought I could be the only guitar in a band let alone play and entertain people by myself. It makes me think I could handle a 4 piece in the future (drummer, bassist, singer and me). 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake Aces's post:

Do I have to answer this again? My answer hasn't changed in 7 years.
Because I said so. 
That's a bit of a silly question. You live in America, don't you? Of course you have to answer the question.
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Agileguy's post:

One of the ex-SDUGF members, joelap, and I got back to talking after re-connecting on LinkedIn (he lives about 25 minutes away from me).  He's looking for a guitar player to join his cover band and they've got a benefit concert in July for Autism.  I'm going to try out for the group and jam next week so I'm learning some material to make it a productive session.

It's a different style of music than what I'm used to playing (he's covering bands like Brand New, Blink 182, Taking Back Sunday, New Found Glory, etc.), but should be fun to play around with so I'm looking forward to it.  I haven't played out in years and I'm really itching to get back on stage and crank.
[-] The following 2 users Like That90'sGuy's post:

(06-16-2015, 06:02 PM)LesStrat Wrote: Do I have to answer this again? My answer hasn't changed in 7 years.
What is your answer? I forgot it.
(06-16-2015, 07:23 PM)That90sGuy Wrote: One of the ex-SDUGF members, joelap, and I got back to talking after re-connecting on LinkedIn (he lives about 25 minutes away from me).  He's looking for a guitar player to join his cover band and they've got a benefit concert in July for Autism.  I'm going to try out for the group and jam next week so I'm learning some material to make it a productive session.

It's a different style of music than what I'm used to playing (he's covering bands like Brand New, Blink 182, Taking Back Sunday, New Found Glory, etc.), but should be fun to play around with so I'm looking forward to it.  I haven't played out in years and I'm really itching to get back on stage and crank.
Awesome dude! That's some high energy stuff to play live. Have fun!
I play in church every Sunday on guitar or keys. For the last year and a half its only been guitar.

I am in a Christian Rock band that mostly plays originals. We play the occasional gig and have been assisting with prison crusades for awhile now.
Because I said so. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes LesStrat's post:

I did not know that. Cool stuff.

I am trying to get some sort of blues/funk/jazz/soul/r&b band goin. We haven't even had a full band practice yet but there's lotsa potential. The goal is definitely gigging and if there's enough momentum such that recording seems a necessity, then i guess we'll do that too.