Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
easy jazz/blues standards?
:earl:
Because I said so. 
You have a female singer? Why not toss son of a preacher man in the mix?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake Aces's post:

Not one of my favourite soul songs but i'll swing the idea past everyone

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
(06-24-2015, 04:32 PM)Snake Aces Wrote: I know a few licks from SIBLY but I've never really sat down and learned the whole thing. That solo is insane as fuck though. Not impossible but it would take me some time for sure.

Doo eet!!!  That song is incredible.  If you play it enough, it will sink in.  Besides, it is supposed to sound a little raw - like there's a fish hook ripping through your soul as you play it.  I think every time I've ever blown out speakers in my car, it's been with this song playing.
Someone should put that in their signature…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dr. Vegetable's post:

If you're looking for great songs with a female vocal - anything from The Commitments sound track. Except "Mustang Sally" - that riff should be erased from the hive mind of humanity.
Someone should put that in their signature…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dr. Vegetable's post:

(06-27-2015, 05:10 AM)Dr. Vegetable Wrote: Doo eet!!!  That song is incredible.  If you play it enough, it will sink in.  Besides, it is supposed to sound a little raw - like there's a fish hook ripping through your soul as you play it.  I think every time I've ever blown out speakers in my car, it's been with this song playing.

I've been thinking about it lately for sure. I might work on it over the next few months, although it is more likely going to become a winter project as I spend too much time at the beach in the summer. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  '1959 - Jazz's Greatest Year,' Classic Albums by Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck and Charles Mingus All Celebrate 50th Anniver Securb 1 2,844 03-14-2009, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Securb