Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good for you Texas
These whinny liberals are distraught over your decision to execute a piece of trash and defy the world court. Texas did not give in and showed the rest of America that "you don't mess with Texas". Let's hope other states follow their example and take care of criminals the way they should be taken care of.

Kudos also go out to the U.S. Supreme Court who sided with Texas...

Quote:The Supreme Court in March said Texas courts didn't have to grant Medellin a new hearing. The ruling said the U.S. wasn't obligated to comply with the World Court's judgment in the absence of legislation enacted by Congress.

Quote:The four dissenting justices yesterday -- John Paul Stevens, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, David Souter and Stephen Breyer -- all said they would have sought input from the Bush administration before letting Texas proceed with the execution. Breyer wrote that Medellin's execution ``will place this nation in violation of international law.''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=2...refer=home
The should have put Justice Breyer in his lap. Beyer took an oath to up hold the laws of the United States not the laws of the world. Maybe he should talk to the families of some of the soldiers that have been beheaded in Iraq or dragged behind trucks in Africa about capital punishment and international law. I dont want to hear about your Global morality because it doesnt exsist. Thanks NY for getting me all pissed off this morning.
Securb Wrote:The should have put Justice Breyer in his lap. Beyer took an oath to up hold the laws of the United States not the laws of the world. Maybe he should talk to the families of some of the soldiers that have been beheaded in Iraq or dragged behind trucks in Africa about capital punishment and international law. I dont want to hear about your Global morality because it doesnt exsist. Thanks NY for getting me all pissed off this morning.

Sorry dude, but for the first time in a long time someone stood up and said, This is America and we rule by our constitution...
NYs FURY Wrote:Sorry dude, but for the first time in a long time someone stood up and said, This is America and we rule by our constitution...

Dude I am with you my crazy ranting wasnt clear I guess
I cant find the Mexican anywhere up here ;)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Staring at breasts is officially good for the heart Speng 2 3,696 02-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Securb
  There are some good jobs out there. Securb 13 14,058 02-15-2013, 09:59 AM
  Texas XXX-Men Nabbed Securb 1 2,515 04-18-2009, 07:08 AM
  Not a good day Prog 2 3,118 04-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Prog
  Canada came up with a good idea Prog 26 27,472 02-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Last Post: 3dR3
  Pretty good idea Securb 6 6,757 11-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Last Post: 3dR3
  12-Year Old McDonald's Hamburger Still Looking Good Speng 17 20,751 10-20-2008, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Prog