Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Fights to Protect Your Privacy
As a developer of mobile apps, I've been both frustrated and impressed by the many subtle design decisions that Apple has made with their products that protect the privacy of their customers.  Apple has taken this seriously for a lot longer than most customers have even had it on their radar.

So I say good for them for challenging a court order to unlock the data on an iPhone.  Apple says they technically could comply with the court order in this case, but they do not want to set the wrong precedent by complying with an order that they feel oversteps your privacy.

In the days where the NSA and the Chinese government will record every bit of data they can get their mitts on just because they can get away with it, it is even more important to have good locks on your doors.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/21/apple-tel...hones.html

This may be the single biggest difference between Apple and Google.  Google's entire business model is in prying information loose from us.  Apple builds the products they themselves would want to carry.
Someone should put that in their signature…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dr. Vegetable's post:

Evil

I don't like the idea of a search "just because," which is becoming a more common occurrence than many choose to believe.
Because I said so. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apple MacBook Pro 2016 (Touch Bar) Review Johnny the Kid 0 2,082 06-20-2017, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Johnny the Kid
  Happy 40th Birthday, Apple Computer Inc. Dr. Vegetable 0 2,828 04-01-2016, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Dr. Vegetable
  Apple iPad Hooch 2 4,164 01-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Last Post: 3dR3
  Apple - new product for 2010 Securb 2 4,296 11-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Last Post: 3dR3
  Latest Apple breakthrough TooFunny 1 3,237 09-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Last Post: TooFunny