Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LesStrat's Computer Saga: Episode 4378
(11-03-2015, 01:08 PM)lreese Wrote: A wired connection is so 1990s...  Yet if you had a cable, its certainly worth a shot.

I run everything wired if possible, it's more stable for me.
If it were me, I'd just backup everything and do a full reinstall of Windows. If the problem pops back up, then I'd start trying to figure out what the hardware issue is.
I tried to send the Minidump files, but it won't let me attach them. "access denied"

I need to look to see if I even got a copy of the Windows disk when I bought this beast. It was around the time they stopped including them, but I "think" that I paid a few bucks extra for the CD.
Because I said so. 
(11-12-2015, 10:36 PM)LesStrat Wrote: I tried to send the Minidump files, but it won't let me attach them.  "access denied"

I need to look to see if I even got a copy of the Windows disk when I bought this beast.  It was around the time they stopped including them, but I "think" that I paid a few bucks extra for the CD.

Open the Mini dump files with notepad. Save them some where. Attach to an Email.

previously

Quote:Do you have an installation disk for the PC or are there drivers on the PC In Program Files /Drivers [ maybe dell / drivers  ] ?
A common practice is to have a recovery partition that stores all your windurs installation files.
There are various places to kick it off, usually being prompted to make installation disks. They like making you do this and then giving you the option of restoring directly from the recovery partition. :wwe:   If you can get around that , do .
Look up recovery under your Pc's help files .
The files won't open. Same message.
Because I said so. 
(11-13-2015, 02:21 PM)LesStrat Wrote: The files won't open. Same message.

Sounds like maybe you aren't logged in as an admin user on the machine...?
Someone should put that in their signature…
(11-13-2015, 05:14 PM)Dr. Vegetable Wrote: Sounds like maybe you aren't logged in as an admin user on the machine...?

Hmmm, yes it does.
Maybe you'll have to change your " permissions " which is an annoying exercise.
My account IS an admin account. It's the only account I use for login.
Because I said so. 
...and the beast was locked up again when I got home from practice.
Because I said so. 
If you remember this thread - http://www.tmrzoo.com/boards/Thread-I-th...-s-stuffed -
it has been a continuing saga since. I put in another motherboard and power supply
, reloaded winders and all was happy... for a while.
After about four hours the wireless lan adaptor tends to drop out or the PC Blue screens. The dump suggests it's to do with the adaptor/lan connection. I've reloaded drivers etc to no avail yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Computer monitor recommendations LesStrat 11 16,635 10-27-2019, 08:16 PM
Last Post: lreese
  Happy 40th Birthday, Apple Computer Inc. Dr. Vegetable 0 2,782 04-01-2016, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Dr. Vegetable
  Please Help A Computer Idiot With A Web Surfing/Recording Desktop Jolly 7 11,110 05-28-2015, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Jolly
  NVidia's Upcoming Tegra "Computer on a Chip" pervertfreak 2 3,924 05-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Eclecticos