Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analog GAS
Korg is on fire...

Someone should put that in their signature…
I could get a lot of those sounds from my PolySix. It doesn't have the sequencer and a few features the Minilog has but the sound generation seems awfully similar. That 's a great synth but the keyboard is too small for me.
I'm a guitar player with long skinny fingers, so I can span almost 2 octaves on those mini keys.

I've been a big fan of the direction Korg has been going lately, and this looks like their most jam-friendly new analog unit yet. I wish they had added control voltage I/O, but if this is like anything else in this product line, it'll have the test points clearly labelled on the PC boards.

No matter, I had my credit card out before I got to the end of the Sweetwater demo vid. Doctor Vegetable is in da house...
That is cool as all fuckballs. I would love to plug my Midifly into that puppy
[-] The following 1 user Likes Securb's post:

(02-13-2016, 12:09 PM)Dr. Vegetable Wrote: I'm a guitar player with long skinny fingers, so I can span almost 2 octaves on those mini keys.

I've been a big fan of the direction Korg has been going lately, and this looks like their most jam-friendly new analog unit yet.  I wish they had added control voltage I/O, but if this is like anything else in this product line, it'll have the test points clearly labelled on the PC boards.

No matter, I had my credit card out before I got to the end of the Sweetwater demo vid.  Doctor Vegetable is in da house...

I didn't mean too small for my hands, I meant " not enough keys/octaves " . Is that a 49 key ? I like at least 61.
I've got a midi keyboard that is 49 compared to the poly's 61 and I find I  don't have enough room to move from high to low on a 49. It probably comes from the fact that I learnt/taught myself keyboards on a full 88 key upright piano,
It's something I've noticed since I got my Kawai with its full 88 keys. My hands just immediatly go for a wide dispersion over at least the 61 key range.

Edit: I just looked it up, it's only 37 keys. It's price down under is around $900 AU. What did yours cost , may I ask.
I've actually got two poly six's, one which was given to me. It needed some repair as do most poly sixes by now. The MiniLog has got me wondering if it could be hacked into the poly six enclosure and utilize the polys keyboard .
(02-13-2016, 09:17 PM)GoldenVulture Wrote: I didn't mean too small for my hands, I meant " not enough keys/octaves " . Is that a 49 key ? I like at least 61.
I've got a midi keyboard that is 49 compared to the poly's 61 and I find I  don't have enough room to move from high to low on a 49. It probably comes from the fact that I learnt/taught myself keyboards on a full 88 key upright piano,
It's something I've noticed since I got my Kawai with its full 88 keys. My hands just immediatly go for a wide dispersion over at least the 61 key range.

Edit: I just looked it up, it's only 37 keys. It's price down under is around $900 AU. What did yours cost , may I ask.

Ah, yes, it is only 37 key - same keybed they used on the MicroKorg and MS-20 Mini, I think.  Even with the ability to transpose up/down several octaves, it is a limitation.  But it's got MIDI in/out, so you can use your favorite controller.  You can think of the built-in keyboard as a convenient way to program the step sequencer.  :)

Here in the US, these are back-ordered for $500 all day long.  I should have mine before July...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dr. Vegetable's post:

(02-13-2016, 09:24 PM)GoldenVulture Wrote: I've actually got two poly six's, one which was given to me. It needed some repair as do most poly sixes by now. The MiniLog  has got me wondering if it could be hacked into the poly six enclosure and utilize the polys  keyboard .

I wouldn't be surprised if the Minilogue has a big sister waiting in the wings.  From the PCB shots, it looks like the hardware design is very modular, so they could easily crank out an 8-voice 61-key, or 16-voice 88-key model just by carving a larger piece of Pyinkado for the back panel.

Just don't call it the "Maxilogue" please...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dr. Vegetable's post:

It seems pretty cool, now that I'm in to Synths and use many in my DAW. I just think the price point is a little too high, considering what you get for your DAW.

If they make one similar but at around $200, they would sell a ton of them. $499.00 is just a little past my price point.
I hear Mexico is nice this time of year.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GAS Attack Brewing! lreese 10 10,945 03-12-2018, 10:02 AM
Last Post: lreese
  Oh jeez - so much GAS Agileguy 9 10,345 11-22-2015, 01:00 PM
Last Post: lreese
  The GAS Thread Agileguy 28 30,622 09-25-2015, 06:56 AM
Last Post: Big Flannel
  Help for to make gas plees. CTN 13 15,817 11-26-2014, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Oinkus
  New Moog Analog synth - Moog Sub 37 GoldenVulture 0 2,091 11-14-2014, 08:01 AM
Last Post: GoldenVulture
  Ever had a sudden GAS attack? lreese 11 13,181 08-04-2014, 11:23 PM
Last Post: ExplorersRock