Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The becoming non-complacent in your playing thread.
(03-14-2016, 01:27 PM)LesStrat Wrote: What if I really don't want to know how bad it sounds:?:

That's why we have studio effects. You can make guitar falling down a set of stairs sound good.
I hear Mexico is nice this time of year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes karpathion's post:

Yeah; Filter it , Flange it, add a bit of delay and stick it through a harmonizer and compressor.

Beyoodifull
[-] The following 1 user Likes GoldenVulture's post:

(03-15-2016, 08:50 AM)GoldenVulture Wrote: Yeah; Filter it , Flange it, add a bit of delay and stick it through a harmonizer and compressor.

Beyoodifull

You forgot the AutoTune™.
Someone should put that in their signature…
[-] The following 2 users Like Dr. Vegetable's post:

Another one of those things that will make you play better , playing your electric unplugged or on the clean channel all the time. You have to be more precise and work harder without the cloak of distortion.
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley
[-] The following 2 users Like Oinkus's post:

(03-15-2016, 10:05 AM)Dr. Vegetable Wrote: You forgot the AutoTune™.

I was saving that for the dance Mix. You could also Gate it or Plate it.

Throw it down stairs and hammer nails into it... :old:
[-] The following 2 users Like GoldenVulture's post:

I have been on this kick now that I'm playing again after taking a few months off.

I got back in the groove in no time but I found myself wanting more out of my playing because my taste has changed a bit too.

So, I've been hooked on learning the timing, placement and emotion behind master note placers like Gilmour and Prince. I've been learning a lot of their solos and licks. It's been kicking my ass but I think it's where I want to go with my playing.
[-] The following 2 users Like Snake Aces's post:

I've been trying to wrap my head around "creating" sound and space.

in doing so, I've grown to hate my playing.
Trust me, I'm a medical professional. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Flannel's post:

(03-18-2016, 10:02 AM)Big Flannel Wrote: I've been trying to wrap my head around "creating" sound and space.

in doing so, I've grown to hate my playing.

That is part of playing. When I went to Berklee my speed greatly diminished. I was playing new scales and actually thinking about what I was playing instead of ripping through patterns. I just went through the same thing again in reinventing my technique with this new teacher. Once you are comfortable with your new techniques and riffs your playing will bust out to a new level. Have patience it takes time but is worth it. And yes it can be frustrating as hell. 

As far as pushing myself goes I just learnt Mood For a Day. I have it down I just need to speed it up. I sit down with the metronome and increase the speed as I get it clean at a certain tempo. I also started the organ into to Boston's Foreplay on guitar. No pun intended before (if) I get it down its going to be a long time. 

[-] The following 4 users Like Securb's post:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The GAS Thread Agileguy 28 30,624 09-25-2015, 06:56 AM
Last Post: Big Flannel
  Proteus build thread (uber-tele) CTN 145 132,312 07-16-2015, 07:58 PM
Last Post: kinnikuman
  The Official TMR Fuzz Thread Agileguy 34 32,001 06-26-2015, 02:09 AM
Last Post: frankfalbo
  For the first time in a while, I got carried away playing the guitar youngthrasher9 0 2,184 03-19-2015, 04:35 PM
Last Post: youngthrasher9