Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Build starting now
3 1/4 x 2 1/4 there is a ton of space in it with the neck , not to mention a giant glob of the clear about an 1/8 inch inside the end of pocket so the neck didn't fit in tight. [Image: SANY0001_5.jpg] [Image: SANY0004_2.jpg]
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley
Pointless trying to contact GFS to complain , having spent several hours sanding I think it is time for a fire. Bought a Skil Octo sander with my last $50 and got Moms to throw in $25 for some 320 grit paper for the various attachments. I went back and bought an open box Squier and a musicians gear case for $198 used 40 bucks off with my backstage pass points. New plan if the guy wants a guitar he can buy it, if not I will move on to next project that actually pays money
GFS won't do shit, man. They really kind of suck unless you need a cheap bridge or something like that. I'll never use them again.

That guitar is still salvageable. I'd just cut and shape some shim's for the neck socket, sand it real good, and paint it. You'd never see it once it's painted, and rhe neck would be tight. A vaneer would probably work nice as the shims.

Take a sharp chisel to the clear inside the joint. That should straighten it out pretty quick. I'd atleast try to make my money back on it.
I hear Mexico is nice this time of year.
It is the actual bodies shapes that are the biggest issues with the premade pickgaurds , I can shim the neck no problem but they are shaped to Fenders. I will post a pick with a couple different ones to show you how crazy the bodies differ just with 2 of them. Require an actual Fender type pickgaurd seem to have misplaced the last one ? Will take the one off the incoming squire and take some pics , ordered a nut, machines ,strap and straplocks this morning. Because I am a moron I didn't do it yesterday and get the memorial day deal but they gave me the 10% off and refunded the 6.60 for the case I bought yesterday. MF has always been good to me for 20 years plus got to love some customer service.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Oinkus's post:

[Image: SANY0003_5.jpg] [Image: SANY0002_6.jpg] [Image: SANY0001_6.jpg] [Image: SANY0004_3.jpg]
Ain't that a bitch?

Damn, the only idea I have at the moment is using a single layer PG, and shaping it to fit that lower horn. It looks like more an Ibanez cut.
I hear Mexico is nice this time of year.
Buying material and cutting it myself is not really a solution , the clear one won't even fit the third pot. Firewood or missiles have to figure out the best way to destroy them. Would like to assault GFS personally but that is not really an option.
[-] The following 2 users Like Oinkus's post:

We have another upside to buying the Squier ! Is a 70s oversized headstock on the neck so I will go all the way and remove the fretboard replace it with ebony board with Abalone blocks and get some big fat Stainless Steel frets installed on it by the Fret Dr. Will be be good for a nice Strat or maybe a Nashville type 3 pickup Tele ? Things that we can't buy for $500 anyone ? Of course it will be a good while before I will have cash for a fret job but I have to master removing and installing fretboards so I can do it to all my rosewood equipped guitars.
[Image: SANY0003_8.jpg][Image: SANY0002_9.jpg][Image: SANY0001_9.jpg] Totally uninspiring guitar , has zero good features. I do like the 70s headstocks though , pickups are just plain awful. If it wasn't equipped with a RWRP middle pup and hum cancelling in pos 2 and 4 it wouldn't even get a halfway decent sound anywhere in the entire switching. Neck pickup alone with treble on 2 or 3 almost sounds like a Strat. Next will be the construction of a swimming pool rout ! For $66 the Musicians Gear case is acceptable only if you are putting something low end in it. Wouldn't stand up to gigging or real travel, feels like cardboard. Don't buy to put anything nice inside , get a good case and save yourself the troubles.
And we have installed a neck ! [Image: SANY0003_9.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Oinkus's post:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cigar Box Boredom Build. karpathion 8 8,171 07-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Last Post: karpathion
  18W'ish Marshall Style Amp Build. karpathion 22 21,174 06-30-2017, 01:03 AM
Last Post: GoldenVulture
  Planning a new build CTN 0 2,209 12-16-2015, 10:50 PM
Last Post: CTN