Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vintage amp restoration and Beyond
That should do it.
I hear Mexico is nice this time of year.
It will be a few days before I can get to putting it in. I want to record some of the amp with the current transformer first to have a comparison recording and get an idea of how it sounds to now. :toast:
[-] The following 1 user Likes GoldenVulture's post:

Apologies for taking so long to get a sound clip up and continue on. I did put something down but I wasn't happy with my playing so I need to try again. headbang

I wouldn't worry too much about the playing. You've heard me, right? You'll sound like gold by comparison!
[-] The following 1 user Likes karpathion's post:

Post the dern clip we want to hear and don't give much of a damn about what you play
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley
Here you go. Straight in , no effects/pedals. Pre Vol around 7, Master at 8. Epi LP Stag Mag Neck , Hybrid Bridge [ DimarzioSD/Gibson 49- Neodimium/ceramic pole magnets]

- http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13573091 -
Testicle

It sounds as it should to me. Granted, I was expecting a bit more gain, but that's probably the non cascading side, I'm guessing. I would like to hear it with a dirt pedal out front and some tasty reverb. That should set it off. I want to hear the KK channel too!

Is that the Hammond power supply?

Diggin' the chops, and the backing track!  :toast:
(05-16-2017, 01:39 PM)karpathion Wrote: It sounds as it should to me. Granted, I was expecting a bit more gain, but that's probably the non cascading side, I'm guessing. I would like to hear it with a dirt pedal out front and some tasty reverb. That should set it off. I want to hear the KK channel too!

Is that the Hammond power supply?

Diggin' the chops, and the backing track!  :toast:
Did you hear the solo guitar after the backing track ?
This is with the original P.T. and O.T. transformer. I've yet to fit the new O.T. As mentioned before , it overheated when cranked so I only took it up to the 7's and 8's.  I wanted to see how it sounded before I changed it.
It is through the KK channel, not the added [Vase ] one.
I'll fit the new O.T. soon and then do all this over again; Straight in , then with some  pedals, and cranked.
[Image: IMG_1063_zpsdoy6hmuu.jpg]

New O.T. is in.
[img][Image: IMG_1121_zpsigvwto1b.jpg][/img]
Also there are bias test connectors now.
[img][Image: IMG_1126_zpswj0bvwbr.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: IMG_1130_zpsikkosz0i.jpg][/img]

I almost feel like you took what I said as a negative. Don't do that!

I say, " It sounds as it should," based on the comparison of my Windsor/2203. The comparison is me being a metal head. If I think KK, ballz out hits my brain. That's just my stupid shit. With my Pre around 7, and master at close to the same, I can play Big 4 and get away with it. Using that same amp, with the Gain dialed back to Plexi levels, it's so close on a recorded tone, it's scary!

47.3? That thing is close to 200W! You sick fuck! I can't use my 50W up, much less 200W stereo. I hope you have earmuffs...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vintage Drums Restoration? Any Experience? karpathion 12 12,586 06-26-2018, 11:54 PM
Last Post: karpathion
  THis is a Gorgeous Sounding Amp! lreese 0 1,940 02-15-2018, 07:00 PM
Last Post: lreese
  18W'ish Marshall Style Amp Build. karpathion 22 20,329 06-30-2017, 01:03 AM
Last Post: GoldenVulture
  Amp/Speaker Cable Advice treyhaislip 4 5,302 03-20-2017, 08:17 AM
Last Post: treyhaislip
  Vintage Speaker GoldenVulture 10 13,094 08-07-2016, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Dr. Vegetable
  Interesting amp... lreese 2 3,636 04-02-2016, 06:19 AM
Last Post: Oinkus
  Should I continue to put money in this amp? karpathion 20 18,794 03-16-2016, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Oinkus
  Preemptive NGD (Vintage MIJ content) Agileguy 6 6,729 10-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Last Post: lreese
  Moving away from tube amps. Need power amp help. karpathion 22 22,024 07-25-2015, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Dr. Vegetable
  New Amp Day Jolly 2 3,745 06-11-2015, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Agileguy