Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, my name is Jordan
And I have an addiction.

[Image: 6f0a34c07e4ab35faec04b35420bf33a.jpg]

Not three days after I picked up the Dean, I put a down payment on a used bass.

Hey, at least I actually get to use this one in my band.

I felt like I had to get this one because:

1) it's got a high C instead of a low B, and I've never needed a low B. Having that high C for chording is so classic me.

2) It has both passive and active circuitry. As cool as the four band active eq is, this thing sounds SO GOOD in passive mode.

3) It looks amazing, and plays even better.

4) It's only 700.

Oh yeah, it's a Carvin of some sort. Can't remember the model number. Its still on police hold for about 4 weeks, so I'll pick it up then. I might even sell my Squier since after this, I have no real need for it. I don't know.
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Agileguy's post:

Verrrry nice!

I have piles of guitars, but my only bass is a craptastic Squier Bullet. I have drooled over getting a neck-thru 5 string for a long time.

HNBD!
Someone should put that in their signature…
I have a broke in half body squire p bass but it does play nice with the neck sanded and oiled required a new nut too. One day I will have a good one that I own to play through my smoking ass bass rig. Until then I will just play the 1991 EB Musicman Stingray on loan for 3 years now. Nice bass Jordan but 700 is a bit much,no more then 500 really, you can probably get a better Carvin then that now for that price but I am not sure.OK maybe I was wrong but it looks like they have raised their prices and resale value is not as bad as it was last time I looked at Carvin stuff. I used to only go to 1/3 instead of 1/2 price on used Carvin gear , guess I am behind the times. Nevermind...
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley
The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.
Because I said so. 
(07-03-2016, 08:45 AM)Oinkus Wrote: I have a broke in half body squire p bass but it does play nice with the neck sanded and oiled required a new nut too. One day I will have a good one that I own to play through my smoking ass bass rig. Until then I will just play the 1991 EB Musicman Stingray on loan for 3 years now. Nice bass Jordan but 700 is a bit much,no more then 500 really, you can probably get a better Carvin then that now for that price but I am not sure.OK maybe I was wrong but it looks like they have raised their prices and resale value is not as bad as it was last time I looked at Carvin stuff. I used to only go to 1/3 instead of 1/2 price on used Carvin gear , guess I am behind the times. Nevermind...
Normally I would agree with you, but I've looked at a few of the LB75s for sale and none of them seem to have the same electronics package that mine does, anf that's one of the things I love most about this bass. The active 4 band is great sounding and really versatile, but the passive tone is to die for and I can't seem to find any with the same passive/active setup. So it's worth paying a bit more for.
(05-06-2015, 11:27 AM)youngthrasher9 Wrote: If it came down to it, I might suck dick for my family.

Well, we all know who to call when we need to borrow gear. Or some money apparently...
I hear Mexico is nice this time of year.
That is sweet I would rather go high than low on the 5th string myself
(07-05-2016, 06:04 PM)Securb Wrote: That is sweet I would rather go high than low on the 5th string myself
Having a low B has always tripped me up. I'm sure I could get used to it, and it would probably come in handy for any songs my band wanted to do in Eb or D, but I picked this thing up and there was almost no learning curve. I love it.

Yeah that is the whole point of the low B so you don't have to switch basses for other tunings most especially 1/2 step down and drop D. Makes everything seem wrong to me but the guy that plays the bass with me swears by it. I just have another 4 string tuned correctly.
Do as thou wilt . Aleister Crowley