With swimsuit season right around the corner, Bikini.com, The World’s Biggest Beach Party, scoured the designer runways to report on the most cutting edge looks for the coming year. According to Bikini.com Co-Founder and CEO Gail Sonnenschein, here’s a countdown of the top 11 swimwear trends to keep you looking “bikinirific” at the beach this season:
1. The Bootylicious Bottom Line – What’s the top trend, according to Bikini.com? Detailing on the derriere. Whether you’re built like Kim Kardashian or just want to look that way, strategic ruching and subtle stitch details can add oomph to what you already have and flatter and enhance what you don’t.
2. Retro Glam – From debutantes of the 50’s to Mad Men of the 60’s and Studio 54 disco divas of the 70’s, today’s ultra-glamorous women are looking to the past for inspiration. High-waisted, two piece swimsuits figure prominently in this elegant vintage trend.
3. World Safari – Break out your passport, the tribe has spoken. Designers featured all kinds of hot ethnic looks with Native American, Moroccan, Aboriginal Australian and especially African inspiration. It’s exotic sex appeal for citizens of the world with a fun sense of adventure.
4. Sparkle — This season, give ’em the old razzle dazzle with studs, beads, sequins, rhinestones and any other kinds of embellishment that add splash to a swimsuit. Whether you’re a Jersey Shore fan or a Las Vegas showgirl, there’s a sparkly, showstopping look for you.
5. The Gold Standard — Glamorous metallics in glossy high-tech fabrics are a luxurious trend worth mining. This season’s swimsuits are dripping in gold, bronze and copper, giving every beachgoer the Midas Touch.
6. Boudoir Chic — Break out the satin sheets: From bras to bustiers, racy-lacy swimsuits in everything from soft pastels to black lace are taking lingerie from the bedroom to the beach.
7. Software with Hardware – Swimsuits are held together this season with prominent metal buckles, buttons and rings that add a luxe, jewelry-like accent to sleek designs.
8. Shiny Happy Prints — Playful paisleys, groovy geometrics, and fun flowers and fruits in eyecatching, vibrant bursts of color provide an antidote to minimalist and monochromatic looks. These bold, bright patterns give everyone the opportunity to break out and have fun with their swimwear.
9. Wild Thing – Animal prints manage to be both a trend and a timeless classic. Leopard, tiger, crocodile, python and even peacock can bring out the sexy wild thing in you.
10. Americana – From crisp and chic nautical stripes to preppy madras, collegiate looks and sweet summer gingham, this season’s swimsuits are as hot as apple pie.
11. Peekaboo – Naughty meets nice with monokini cutaways and strategically placed cutouts that emphasize the feminine form and show off a body to its best advantage. Keyholes, bondage strips and see-through bands of fabric give a “peekaboo” effect that will definitely set you apart from the crowd.
That’s Bikini.com’s bottom line on the top 11 swimwear trends for 2011.
An international pop culture hit, Bikini.com The World’s Biggest Beach Party (http://www.bikini.com), is the most comprehensive and fun beach lifestyle media brand. Based in Miami Beach, the bikini capital of the world, Bikini.com brings the beach lifestyle right into everyone’s computer with a tongue-in-cheek, retro look reminiscent of the old Frankie and Annette beach blanket bingo movies. From cutting edge swimwear fashion to the world’s sexiest swimsuit models, Bikini.com is light-hearted and full of international sex appeal.