After a few rainy months and a cross-country heat wave, we’re officially in the heat of summer. Instead of relying on those old boring drinks to cool you off in August, shake things up with one of Jim Beam’s not so-ordinary, bold summer cocktails featuring none other than the world’s number one bourbon.
Rather than enjoying your summer brunch with the same old mimosa, spice up the contemporary classic with a Bourbon & Champagne Punch. Or replace your everyday tequila and spend a warm summer evening with a ice-cold black cherry margarita featuring Red Stag by Jim Beam. I’ve included these bold summer cocktail recipes below, as well as few others to cool down with during the last few months of summer.
Bourbon & Champagne Punch
- 3 parts Jim Beam Black® Bourbon
- 3 parts cranberry juice
- 4 parts lemon-lime soda
- 1 part fresh lemon or lime juice
- Dash bitters
- 6 parts champagne
- Ice block
- Orange and lemon slices
- Pre-chill ingredients. Pour into a punch bowl over a large piece of ice, adding champagne last. Decorate with slices of lemon and orange.
- 2 parts Jim Beam® Bourbon
- 1 large scoop real vanilla ice cream
- Blend ingredients together. Enjoy!
Red Stag Margarita
- 1¼ part Red Stag®
- ½ part triple sec
- 4 parts margarita mix
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Combine ingredients in shaker with no ice and shake vigorously. Pour over ice in glass. Garnish and serve.
- 2 parts Jim Beam Bourbon
- 1 large can frozen orange juice
- 1 large can frozen lemonade
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 cups hot water with 4 tea bags
- 8 cups boiling water
- Remove tea bags. Mix all and freeze. Make ahead at least 24 hours. To serve, scoop into glass and add a small amount of lemon-lime soda to make slushy.