Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yard work is killing me
I have already been hitting the yard for two weeks. The fuckin thing has to be hand raked it is such a mess. Last year when I bought the house I called the yard a lost cause. This year I need to get on top of it. Even my sister who could usally give a shit noticed how bad my lawn looked last year. I have alt least another 5 hours of raking ahead of me
I am forgoing the yard work again for the third straight weekend to concentrate inside. The basement grew to beyond acceptable levels and its time for more purge. So far I got 2 "so this is where this was, I've been looking for it you sonofabitch"s and 1 "What the hell is this doing in here?"s

fortunately that last one was a sixer of 06 bigfoot that I stashed in an old clothes tupperware bin... again, at the recommendation of a wise sage at the old site.
I was going to do some yard work this afternoon but all of the neighbors are out and chatting with each other. I have zero desire to get sucked into a conversation with them so I put off the work until a later date.
Speng Wrote:I was going to do some yard work this afternoon but all of the neighbors are out and chatting with each other. I have zero desire to get sucked into a conversation with them so I put off the work until a later date.

Thats what the headphones and sunglasses are for. :cool:
I am wrapping up the raking today, then I am off to Home Depot to get some lime for the lawn. I try to stick with pet/kid safe lawn products, especially since I have well water. I will tell you one thing the fuckin kids better stay off the intercoms at Home Depot. Im not leaving until I get my lime.
Securb Wrote:I am wrapping up the raking today, then I am off to Home Depot to get some lime for the lawn. I try to stick with pet/kid safe lawn products, especially since I have well water. I will tell you one thing the fuckin kids better stay off the intercoms at Home Depot. Im not leaving until I get my lime.

Don't puss out, get on the intercom (and news) yourself... make sure you record it though.
Hooch Wrote:Don't puss out, get on the intercom (and news) yourself... make sure you record it though.

I would but to what end? This is why we need to get TMRZoo shirts made.
I got a letter from the city today telling me I had to clean up the small brush pile in my backyard. Towards the end of the Fall last year I just threw some branches in a pile towards the back of my yard, no big deal, all the stuff with my dog I had other things on my mind.

Anyway, this Spring some rabbits decided it was a great place to raise a family...I have no problem with that, I like rabbits. So now I have to evict the little guys, which I feel bad about.

The thing that pisses me off is that someone complained about the pile. The entire backyard is surrounded by a six foot high wooden privacy fence, you can't see anything unless you either look over the fence or walk up into the yard. The fucking pile wasn't a fire hazard, it's not near any structures...fucking neighbors.
you should see the mountain of work i did over the weekend... i'd post pictures if i had time to snap any.....
Speng Wrote:The thing that pisses me off is that someone complained about the pile. The entire backyard is surrounded by a six foot high wooden privacy fence, you can't see anything unless you either look over the fence or walk up into the yard. The fucking pile wasn't a fire hazard, it's not near any structures...fucking neighbors.

I have a neighbor like this and get some letter or another every other year. I'm expecting another soon since my yard is an abomination right now due to three straight busy/away weekends.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting closer to the look I want for my comic/cartoon work johnjohn 1 3,058 09-28-2019, 11:53 AM
Last Post: LesStrat
  Would not work these days.... lreese 1 3,072 07-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Last Post: GoldenVulture