Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's for dinner
(05-28-2014, 11:55 AM)Speng Wrote: Dinner tonight is a can of chicken and dumplings, some off brand I never heard of. I might eat it hobo style, out of the can with the lid peeled back. This could be a mistake.

I hope you brought enough for everybody!
(05-28-2014, 12:40 PM)Dr. Vegetable Wrote: I hope you brought enough for everybody!

It's a big can, grab a spoon.
The ribs are slow cooking over hickory

[Image: BqmHfz_CUAA-G_j.jpg:large]
Those look mighty tasty, there's nothing like slow cooked ribs.
grilled up some pork tenderloin medallions marinated in a delightful indian/chinese inspired marinade/basting liquid

i put in some fresh cracked/ground (medium grind by hand with a pestle an mortar):
black peppercorns
mustard seeds
fennel seeds
cumin seeds
cardamom seeds

and mixed in:
tomato juice
soy sauce
sesame oil
ginger powder
sriracha
honey
a bit of hoi sin sauce
smoked salt
ginger powder
fresh squeezed lemon juice

omfg, it was so good, and looked so friggin appetizing. If you keep basting it as it cooks, the sugars caramelize, the tastes and aromas of the ground spices come out. the meat turns the most droolworthy shade of reddish brown with some char marks (if you let it get there).

we just ate it with some rice and oven roasted green beans drizzled with butter and herbs and it was glorious.
I had a pizza from Dominos, Italian sausage and jalapenos. Nowhere near as good as what you guys had.
Tonight is corned beef and cabbage.... yummy
(07-11-2014, 07:55 PM)fattyjack Wrote: Tonight is corned beef and cabbage.... yummy

People eat that outside of St. Patrick's Day?
Frozen pizza today. Cuz effort is sometimes overrated.
(07-11-2014, 08:25 PM)CTN Wrote: Frozen pizza today. Cuz effort is sometimes overrated.

Don't feel bad, I opened a can of ravioli for dinner.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ahhhhhh, my dinner! :D CTN 8 11,406 05-30-2014, 08:00 AM
Last Post: CTN