Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Pink Floyd Early Years boxed set worth £350/$550/AU$700?
Really?

Even to a determined completist?  scratch chin

BBC Television recently screened extracts from the video discs. Some embarrassing stuff, I can tell you.

The fan part of me is glad that I have seen the filmed performances from the vaults. (This saves wasting time, wondering what I might have missed.) I feel no pressing desire to view much of the material a second time, let alone pay for the privilege.

What say you, good people?
Is this Syd Barret era ? Or early Gilmour as well.
I'll look for it on Craigslist.  Its getting close to Christmas, ya know. Monkey
Bazinga!
In a word, "no."
Because I said so. 
(10-25-2016, 10:03 AM)GoldenVulture Wrote: Is this Syd Barret era ? Or early Gilmour as well.

A comprehensive rummage through numerous vaults has yielded;
pre-TPFS blues and cover version line-ups
the Syd era (Abdabs, Tea Set et al.)
Gilmour era 
some Syd solo rarities

I have not checked whether the box includes any transitional quintet era material, Waters/Geesin collaborations or Gilmour pre-Floyd bands such as Joker's Wild.
Sounds like an overpriced " box of crap " ...
[-] The following 1 user Likes GoldenVulture's post:

Some of the content looks to be textbook bootleg fodder.

Several species of small furry accountants, gathering together in a bank and grooving with the proceeds.

Welcome, my son. Welcome to the machine.
[Image: 200.gif]

This is coming from a huge Pink Floyd fan 
[-] The following 3 users Like Securb's post:

I love that gif, yet the context is even funnier.
Because I said so. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes LesStrat's post:

(10-25-2016, 07:53 AM)Funkfingers Wrote: Really?

Even to a determined completist?  scratch chin

BBC Television recently screened extracts from the video discs. Some embarrassing stuff, I can tell you.

The fan part of me is glad that I have seen the filmed performances from the vaults. (This saves wasting time, wondering what I might have missed.) I feel no pressing desire to view much of the material a second time, let alone pay for the privilege.

What say you, good people?

(10-25-2016, 10:03 AM)GoldenVulture Wrote: Is this Syd Barret era ? Or early Gilmour as well.

Does Sid Bare-it in any of those videos? puke

Somehow I think he would appreciate the pun.  
Bazinga!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OJ Simpson sentenced to 15 years in jail for armed robbery Securb 11 7,789 03-02-2018, 09:01 AM
Last Post: texred
Smile 1,700 Dodge Vipers recalled for faulty door handles pixiecooper 8 5,532 05-04-2015, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Snake Aces
  31 Adorable Slang Terms for Sexual Intercourse from the Last 600 Years Securb 5 3,807 07-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Big Flannel
  World's dirtiest man hasn't had bath in 60 years Speng 1 1,867 01-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Speng
  36 years and holding TooFunny 30 18,427 09-21-2008, 01:55 AM
Last Post: TooFunny