Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performance Enhancing Drugs Aren't the Only Method of Cheating
From ESPN Newswire:

Tests show plaster of Paris ingredients

The hand wraps confiscated from former welterweight champion Antonio Margarito shortly before his title defense against "Sugar" Shane Mosley contained two primary elements of plaster of Paris, the Los Angeles Times reported, citing documents obtained from California's top law enforcement agency.

A California Department of Justice senior criminalist who inspected the wrappings under a stereomicroscope and with an X-ray fluorescence spectrometer determined the wraps contained sulfur and calcium, according to a document obtained by the Times. Those two elements, with the addition of oxygen, make plaster of Paris.

The hand wraps were removed from Margarito's fists shortly before his Jan. 24 title fight against Mosley when Mosley's trainer, Nazim Richardson, objected to their use. The hardened gauze pads, which had been inserted inside the hand wraps near Margarito's knuckles, were seized by the California State Athletic Commission, which sanctions and oversees boxing in the state.

Mosley went on to claim a TKO win in the ninth round and take the WBA welterweight title.

In February, following a hearing days after the fight, the state athletic commission revoked the licenses of Margarito and his trainer, Javier Capetillo, for one year. The commission's decision is likely to be upheld in other states.

"The [state athletic] commission's decision appears to be supported by that report," said Karen Chappelle, the state supervising deputy attorney general for licensing who urged the state commission to revoke Margarito's and Capetillo's licenses.

"The only things that are allowed in hand wraps are gauze and tape and those items aren't gauze and tape," she said, according to the Times.

Margarito and Capetillo have yet to appeal the revocations of their licenses.

According to the report, Margarito's promoter, Bob Arum, had no immediate response to the findings.

"I'd have to see [the report]," Arum said.
There's no crying in baseball
I saw in a boxing documentary that dishonest trainers would put a horseshoe in a guy's boxing glove. It was either a documentary or the Three Stooges I cant remember.
Securb Wrote:I saw in a boxing documentary that dishonest trainers would put a horseshoe in a guy's boxing glove. It was either a documentary or the Three Stooges I cant remember.

Bugs Bunny.
Will it blend? That is the question.
Prog Wrote:Bugs Bunny.

What a great fuckin athlete baseball, boxing, football, swimming ....a true ironman
But his sense of direction sucked
Gator Wrote:But his sense of direction sucked

Only when he was going through Albequerque.
Will it blend? That is the question.
What a maroon!!
beep beep

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Patriots cheating again Securb 105 116,539 03-07-2017, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Securb
  Patriot’s Coach Bill Belichick Gets Caught Cheating…Again. Securb 4 11,495 07-15-2014, 11:42 PM
Last Post: LesStrat
  Manny Pops Positive For Performance Enhancing Drugs Gator 13 13,207 05-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Last Post: 3dR3