Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 NFL Live Game Thread
Finally a great Super Bowl. That was worth watching.
Hooch Wrote:Congrats Speng! I was pulling for the Pack since the end of round 1... but since every team I root for never wins, I didn't say anything.

Thanks, and thanks for being quite about rooting for them. :securb:

I thought they were screwed once Woodson went out, guess all the injuries all season prepared them for that. The Packers sure played uneven, as usual.

I haven't been on the edge of my seat like that for a long time.

Somewhere, deep in the South....Brett Favre silently weeps...and then takes pictures of his dick.
Congrats, Speng.

A very good, exciting game. Thought Pit had a real chance when GB only got a FG with 2 min left, but I think that penalty that dropped them down to the 13 really hurt them.

I did great... I won 2 Super Bowl Squares... 3rd and 4th Qtrs.. That 2 point conversion in the 4th to make it 25 points worked out for me. Who wins with a friggin 5??? How lucky is that :)
There's no crying in baseball
Gator Wrote:I did great... I won 2 Super Bowl Squares... 3rd and 4th Qtrs.. That 2 point conversion in the 4th to make it 25 points worked out for me. Who wins with a friggin 5??? How lucky is that :)

I had a ton of blocks and didn't win squat. The only chance I had to win was if the Steelers came back with a TD at the end and won 32-31... then I'd only win $350. Since I could have won up to $5k with some of the blocks I had, $350 didn't seem too impressive and I just rather the Pack won for Speng's sake.
I didnt have one square. My office is 80% women and we only have a couple real football fans.
I thought it sounded wrong:

Christina Aguilera flubs line of national anthem

http://www.rr.com/sports/topic/article/r...nal_anthem

Christina Aguilera says she flubbed a line as she belted out the national anthem at the start of the Super Bowl on Sunday night after getting lost in the moment and losing her place.

"I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through," she said in a statement after the performance.

When she was supposed to sing the line "O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming," she instead repeated an earlier line, with a slight variation.

She sang, "What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last reaming," repeating and mangling an earlier lyric, with the word `watched' instead of `hailed' and `reaming' instead of `gleaming.'

The mistake immediately set social networks abuzz with people commenting on the error.

She's not the first person to mess up the lines of "The Star-Spangled Banner." In 2001, Macy Gray was famously booed for her off-kilter rendition of the national anthem.

She garbled the words at the Pro Football Hall of Fame exhibition game in Canton, Ohio, her home state. She later told The Associated Press: "That was definitely life's most embarrassing moment."

And in December in Kansas City before a game between the Chiefs and the Denver Broncos, Mike Eli of the Eli Young Band flubbed up the lines of the song so badly that he had to start over.

Aguilera, who took the stage in a black dress, was returning to the Super Bowl after being one of the performers during the halftime show in Atlanta in 2000.

After it was announced that Aguilera would be singing the national anthem for the 2011 Super Bowl, she said in a news release that she had been performing the song since she was 7 and was "excited to be part of such an iconic event."
What a comedy of errors the lead-up to the game was...

Injuries by ice in a warm-weather location
400 people turned away because their seats were not there
Flubbed national anthem by a fat Christina
F-18 flyover over a closed dome

...then there was the halftime show

that being said, all that shit can suck as far as I'm concerned as long as the game is as good as it was last night.
Hooch Wrote:What a comedy of errors the lead-up to the game was...

Injuries by ice in a warm-weather location
400 people turned away because their seats were not there
Flubbed national anthem by a fat Christina
F-18 flyover over a closed dome

...then there was the halftime show

that being said, all that shit can suck as far as I'm concerned as long as the game is as good as it was last night.

Nothing else really matters when this goes right, does it??
There's no crying in baseball
I think my favorite part was hearing this

"The Packers have won the super bowl and Rodgers managed to do something Brett Favre never did, win MVP"
Gator Wrote:Nothing else really matters when this goes right, does it??

you are correct. the rest is bullshit.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NFL Now Has Male Cheerleaders karpathion 4 5,525 08-12-2018, 09:31 PM
Last Post: johnjohn
  Superbowl 2018 Thread Securb 12 13,221 02-06-2018, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Securb
  NFL Survival of the Fittest/Suicide Pool 2016 Edition Speng 46 55,046 10-31-2016, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Securb
  Worrying trends from the 2015 NFL season idsnowdog 3 5,157 12-13-2015, 06:38 PM
Last Post: skarydrunkguy
  The 2015 NFL Regular Season Thread Speng 6 8,815 09-22-2015, 10:23 AM
Last Post: idsnowdog
  Eagles fans named the most hated in the NFL Speng 5 9,632 09-16-2015, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Speng
  The Brett Favre Thread Gator 210 221,938 07-19-2015, 05:42 PM
  2015 NFL Offseason Hooch 8 11,998 03-11-2015, 07:15 PM
  2014 NFL Live Game Thread Speng 10 15,260 01-12-2015, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Hooch
  2014 NFL Season Hooch 11 15,327 10-27-2014, 04:26 PM
Last Post: LesStrat