Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Need a New Video Card
3daddict Wrote:This a much better world than your old PC; good call

I am definitely in a better world here. I am a bit surprised it takes almost 2 weeks to build. Big question do I want to hook up the monitor HDMI or DVI?
Securb Wrote:I am definitely in a better world here. I am a bit surprised it takes almost 2 weeks to build. Big question do I want to hook up the monitor HDMI or DVI?

I was going to say HDMI and then I read this and got confused:

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/...22868.html
I dont need audio on the monitor so DVI should be fine.
The wife saw on TV that Dell and HP were having big sales. I was able to call and get another $50 off of my box.
Dell is pretty good about price adjusting, the customer service reps can be frustrating to communicate with though. When I ordered my computer last year I ended up getting free overnight shipping, a couple of hundred dollars off and an upgraded video card.

They kept delaying the build, it was delayed six times and took two months, and I kept complaining. It was irritating, they never emailed me and told me of the delay and every time I called I was assured that it would be "shipping soon". Without fail, every week it would be delayed more and more.
Speng Wrote:Dell is pretty good about price adjusting, the customer service reps can be frustrating to communicate with though.

This is what prompted me to start building my own. I swore by Dell until they moved their call center off-shore (they completely suck now). I spent hours on the phone going back and forth and when I finally got upset they dumped my call.

You do have to be your own IT with home brews but I get so much more bang for the buck and no crapware. But, it doesn't hurt that I really enjoy doing it.
Speng Wrote:They kept delaying the build, it was delayed six times and took two months, and I kept complaining. It was irritating, they never emailed me and told me of the delay and every time I called I was assured that it would be "shipping soon". Without fail, every week it would be delayed more and more.

I am quite impressed so far. I ordered on the 13th and FedEx says the box will be here on the 22nd. That is damn quick for a custom build.
Got it - Cant wait to get home
Securb Wrote:Got it - Cant wait to get home
What game will you play first? huge grin
3daddict Wrote:What game will you play first? huge grin

I dont PC game - suggestions?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sony Adds Netflix to Bravia Internet Video Platform Securb 2 4,407 07-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Securb