Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chipped Paint, Nitro. Suggestions on Repair?
Hey guys. I accidentally bumped my Gibson LP Traditional on a stand. And to my surprise a small amount of paint chipped off. :pissed: I didn't realize that nitrocellulose was more fragile than spring ice! MOTHERFUCKING GIBSON AND THEIR FUCK-TARDED NITRO FINISHES THAT SUCK ASS!!

So... repairs. I am not trying to fix it in the sense of making it look like it never happened. That would be too time consuming for the tiny chip that came off. But I do want to stop the chip from growing. What can I do to protect the integrity of the paint around it? Do any DIY finish fiends here have suggestion on how to keep this from getting any bigger?

I posted this on SDUGF too, in case anyone notices it there.
(05-16-2015, 12:46 AM)johnjohn Wrote: What can I say - big boobs, small sports bra, no shirt, running down a hill.....that story just writes itself.
can you post a pic please?

there are a number of different things you can do, depending on the size and severity of the chip.
(12-17-2014, 07:40 AM)darthphineas Wrote: Because.....you think the legion of FB twats filling up that place know anything more than Guitar Hero? :lick:

Anyway, look up Dennis Kline on his site or on FB. He's an alright dude. Keep it simple and he should probably drop you a tip....and not in that gay Olson way.

There are a few finish gurus there. I was hoping Crusty or Lover'sMoon would comment. Crusty did, so I got my wish. Ill go check out Dennis though. Thanks for the tip.
(05-16-2015, 12:46 AM)johnjohn Wrote: What can I say - big boobs, small sports bra, no shirt, running down a hill.....that story just writes itself.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need some pickup suggestions. karpathion 3 3,876 12-06-2017, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Oinkus
  Any suggestions? Agileguy 13 14,950 05-24-2015, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Agileguy
  Any suggestions? Agileguy 0 2,080 03-06-2015, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Agileguy
  cp34 shielding paint kinnikuman 1 2,730 12-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Last Post: kinnikuman