Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Philadelphia Eagles and those other teams in the division
(05-06-2015, 08:53 PM)Snake Aces Wrote: Meh, roses are red, the sky is blue... what else is new?

True. That is one reason being a Redskins fan can be good. The team sucks so bad you know damn well they aren't cheating. We may have a terrible record but we have honor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(05-06-2015, 09:15 PM)hareek Wrote: True. That is one reason being a Redskins fan can be good. The team sucks so bad you know damn well they aren't cheating.  We may have a terrible record but we have honor!

I'm a Giants fan myself. I respect the Skins though. It's the Eagles and Cowboys who I do not like so much. Probably because their fans are the worst...
(05-06-2015, 09:24 PM)Snake Aces Wrote: I'm a Giants fan myself. I respect the Skins though. It's the Eagles and Cowboys who I do not like so much. Probably because their fans are the worst...

I'll extend an olive branch and say I have mad respect for Tom Coughlan. I rooted for you guys both Super Bowls against the Patriots and loved watching the sad look you guys put on Brady's dumb face

(05-06-2015, 09:26 PM)hareek Wrote: I'll extend an olive branch and say I have mad respect for Tom Coughlan. I rooted for you guys both Super Bowls against the Patriots and loved watching the sad look you guys put on Brady's dumb face

I don't think I'll ever stop being proud of them for those Super Bowl wins. Even as a fan I thought no way during the 2007 run. Then they did it. I was impressed. Then the rematch happened and again, even after witnessing the magic of the last run I was thinking "no way". They did it. Something about Coughlin and maybe even Eli really get their shit together during the Super Bowl. They struggle a lot even making the playoffs but it seems once they get there it's all business. I like that better than having no chance at all. 

Olive branch accepted. I hope your Skins get their shit together this year too. You had an unbelievable run with RG3 a few years back but the football gods have not been kind to the Skins for a long time now. 
(05-06-2015, 09:35 PM)Snake Aces Wrote: I don't think I'll ever stop being proud of them for those Super Bowl wins. Even as a fan I thought no way during the 2007 run. Then they did it. I was impressed. Then the rematch happened and again, even after witnessing the magic of the last run I was thinking "no way". They did it. Something about Coughlin and maybe even Eli really get their shit together during the Super Bowl. They struggle a lot even making the playoffs but it seems once they get there it's all business. I like that better than having no chance at all. 

Olive branch accepted. I hope your Skins get their shit together this year too. You had an unbelievable run with RG3 a few years back but the football gods have not been kind to the Skins for a long time now. 

Yeah I'm on the fence with Griffin but leaning toward the side of getting rid of him and moving on with a more traditional QB. Either way with our new GM I'm hoping there's major improvement this year.

(05-06-2015, 10:31 PM)hareek Wrote: Yeah I'm on the fence with Griffin but leaning toward the side of getting rid of him and moving on with a more traditional QB. Either way with our new GM I'm hoping there's major improvement this year.

I don't blame ya. He seems to lack dedication to the craft.
(05-06-2015, 10:48 PM)Snake Aces Wrote: I don't blame ya. He seems to lack dedication to the craft.

I dunno I'm just done believing that a dual threat type QB will have success in the NFL. It always comes back to the point that the guys that can stay in the pocket and throw a football are the guys that find the most success and win games.

(05-07-2015, 06:57 AM)hareek Wrote: I dunno I'm just done believing that a dual threat type QB will have success in the NFL. It always comes back to the point that the guys that can stay in the pocket and throw a football are the guys that find the most success and win games.

I would go as far as to say as exciting as Randall Cunningham was to watch in his early years he never found great success until he became a pocket passer in his 1998 season with the Vikings. He was still a dual threat but he had learned how to use his arm and become a pass first QB. Took him all the way to the NFC Championship game only to have Denny Green and the kicker fuck up his chance at a ring.
(05-07-2015, 08:49 AM)Snake Aces Wrote: I would go as far as to say as exciting as Randall Cunningham was to watch in his early years he never found great success until he became a pocket passer in his 1998 season with the Vikings. He was still a dual threat but he had learned how to use his arm and become a pass first QB. Took him all the way to the NFC Championship game only to have Denny Green and the kicker fuck up his chance at a ring.

Yeah Russell Wilson is excellent at only using his legs when he absolutely has to. But I believe part of that is the fact that he's not as fast someone like Griffin or Vick so he hasn't been smoking guys on the field his entire life. He's just fast enough to get away from defenders but slow enough that he needs to throw the ball and can't just take off and run. So he doesn't have to adjust his game play much. Griffin, up until the NFL, has had no issue taking off and running away from every guy on the field and it's brought him tremendous success up to this point. But now he's not the fastest guy on the field anymore so he's had to change his way of playing and you can't just change 20+ years of habit and instincts like that. It's asking him to do a lot mentally that other QB's don't have to do when they're out on the field. His best bet is to keep playing like he knows how to play as a scrambler and have a successful 6 or 7 years, get beat to shit, and then retire. But to expect him to become a Brady or a Manning is just not realistic at this point.

It would be like asking one of us to start playing the guitar differently after we've developed a style over the years that works for us. It won't be fun, we won't like it, and we won't find success with it unless we spend hours upon hours dedicated to relearning how we play.
(05-07-2015, 08:56 AM)hareek Wrote: Yeah Russell Wilson is excellent at only using his legs when he absolutely has to.  But I believe part of that is the fact that he's not as fast someone like Griffin or Vick so he hasn't been smoking guys on the field his entire life.  He's just fast enough to get away from defenders but slow enough that he needs to throw the ball and can't just take off and run.  So he doesn't have to adjust his game play much.  Griffin, up until the NFL, has had no issue taking off and running away from every guy on the field and it's brought him tremendous success up to this point.  But now he's not the fastest guy on the field anymore so he's had to change his way of playing and you can't just change 20+ years of habit and instincts like that.  It's asking him to do a lot mentally that other QB's don't have to do when they're out on the field.  His best bet is to keep playing like he knows how to play as a scrambler and have a successful 6 or 7 years, get beat to shit, and then retire.  But to expect him to become a Brady or a Manning is just not realistic at this point.  

It would be like asking one of us to start playing the guitar differently after we've developed a style over the years that works for us.  It won't be fun, we won't like it, and we won't find success with it unless we spend hours upon hours dedicated to relearning how we play.

Agreed. Griffin should have had tons of success in Shanahan's system as it is ideal for rollout QB's but even that was too much for him to adapt to. 

I've done that and yes, it took years of practice. Was it worth it? Yes. However, I am almost 32 now. If I was an NFL QB my career would either be over already or on the back end of it. I do not think NFL teams have the patience to wait 8 years for athletic QB's to learn how to use their arms first.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eagles fans named the most hated in the NFL Speng 5 3,794 09-16-2015, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Speng