Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On to greener pastures
I've had my Titans staring at me since last Wednesday. I'm waiting on a set of solid black shiny covers to get here that I'm going to put on them.
I guess it's about time I start learning my Dimarzio wiring codes. I just bought a set of D Activators off of Ebay for $110 today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jolly's post:

(05-12-2015, 07:17 PM)Jolly Wrote: I've had my Titans staring at me since last Wednesday. I'm waiting on a set of solid black shiny covers to get here that I'm going to put on them.

The covers arrived yesterday. I've got to install those Titans sometime this week!!
Dude, you're gonna love the D-Activators. The D-Activator bridge is probably my favorite bridge pickup so far. I also have a set of Titans I haven't tried yet, though.
I read both of those reviews.......a few times I might add.
(05-11-2015, 01:39 AM)Agileguy Wrote: Yeah I bet. I was looking at their high output pickups and nothing was really speaking to me. I'm really a hot PAF guy so if I can find one that will work well in super low tunings at high gain I'll be happy. Based on the eq chart and the tone clips it seems like the Black Dog is the pickup for me.

Plus it's called the Black Dog. I was meant to get this pickup.

I'm not sure how the price compares, but back when I had my '96 PRS McCarty (the black one I used to post), I put in Wolfetone Marshallheads (the standard Alnico V ones) and it's the best "hot PAF" pickup I've used and splits really well too if that means anything.  Those pickups turned that guitar into the best sounding PRS out of the 6 I've owned over the years.