VH1’s popular docu-series “Love & Hip Hop” is back in the Big Apple from the Dirty South for season 3. Premiering Monday, January 7 th at 8PM on VH1, “Love & Hip Hop” returns with a few familiar faces and a mostly brand-new cast who prove the third time is the charm as they deliver all the drama, heartache, success and failures of hip hop’s movers and shakers in the concrete jungle that is New York City.
Last season, entertainment powerhouse Yandy Smith ended her eight-year management role with rapperJim Jones. Since then, Yandy and boyfriend Mendeecees Harris have welcomed a baby boy and are navigating the waters of commitment and family. Firecracker Erica Mena exploded onto the scene last season and is now continuing to work on her career with manager and new boyfriend, Rich Dollaz. The two have recently begun mixing business with pleasure, but could this be a recipe for disaster? Olivia Longott, the former first lady of G-Unit, is back this season working on her new album and trying to come to peace with her manager Rich dating Erica.
With no shortage of talent, New York City is still a major hub for hip hop music. Joining the ranks of this season’s new cast include:
- Joe Budden- Fierce free-styling artist Joe Budden is widely considered one of hip hop’s most gifted lyricists. His Grammy award-winning song “Pump It Up” was featured in the hit movie 2 Fast 2 Furious. This ladies’ man is also known for posting about his very public relationships and break-ups online.
- Tahiry Jose- Tahiry is a charismatic urban model who is best known for her rapid-fire sarcasm as well as her painful and very public break-up with Joe Budden.
- Raqi Thunda- Radio personality and DJ Raqi Thunda has no problem keeping it real. Raqi and Joe Budden insist they are just long-time friends. However, Raqi and Joe’s ex, Tahiry don’t see eye- to- eye and have a tumultuous relationship.
- Consequence- NYC rapper Consequence has established a successful career working with the likes of Kanye West and A Tribe Called Quest. His five year relationship with fellow cast memberJen Bayer and their 1-year old son Caiden has left the couple bickering about how to raise the child based on differing cultural and religious beliefs.
- Jen “The Pen” Bayer- Known for dishing up gossip with DJ Whoo Kid and The Hot Boyz ofChicago, Jen has spent the past year raising Caiden, her son with cast member Consequence.
- Winter Ramos- With a brief appearance in the second season of “Love & Hip Hop,” Winter Ramos, former assistant to rapper Fabolous, is making her name in hip hop history as she writes a tell-all book on her roster of famous ex-boyfriends and her life in the music industry. She is currently the Creative Costume Designer for Flavor Unit Films.
- Rashidah Ali- Known as the “Blinged Out Bombshell,” Rashidah is most known for being a shoe consultant to the stars and is currently working on launching her own shoe line, Encore.
Back in the rap game and the bright lights of the city, one constant remains: New York truly is the birthplace of hip hop and the home of some of its biggest successes, but even more of its shattered dreams… and all of its secrets. To make it in this business, a tough attitude and thick skin is a must, and the ladies and gentlemen of season 3 will stop at nothing to reach the top. “Love & Hip Hop” Season 3 premieres Monday, January 7 th at 8PM.
“Love & Hip Hop” Season 3 is executive produced by Mona Scott-Young for Monami Entertainment andToby Barraud and Stefan Springman for NFGTV. Co-executive producer is Stephanie Gayle for Monami Entertainment. Shelly Tatro, Brad Abramson, Danielle Gelfand and Jeff Olde are executive producers for VH1. Vivian Gomez is coordinating producer for VH1.
VH1connects viewers to the music, artists and pop culture that matter to them most with TV series, specials, live events, exclusive online content and public affairs initiatives. VH1 is available in 99 million households in the U.S. VH1 also has an array of digital channels and services including VH1Classic, VH1 Soul, VH1 Mobile, and extensive video on VH1.com. VH1 is a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), one of the world’s leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. For more information, go to www.vh1press.com or visit VH1.com, the VH1 Facebook page and @VH1 on Twitter.