Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just had to do it....
With the GUI, the Fractal is easy-peasy... Unless you want to tweak under the hood. All you need is a volume pedal to manipulate expression parameters.

I'm pretty much using user presets as is with the exception of tweaking the saturation parameter to get the illusion of an amp just about to break up.

I've said for a while - If Yamaha put the resources behind Line 6, they could blow Fractal and Kemper out of the water.

Some other cool models I've tried and liked -

JTM Marshall - One of the best cleans around.
Dr. Z Maz 38
Jazz Chorus 120
Listless Vessels!
I have a friend who bought the AX8. I hope to try it out soon.

I don't even use the computer software to edit the POD, although it is fully capable. I prefer working with the unit, because I don't have the best work space with the PC.
Because I said so. 
Warning - Ears might hurt a lot after hearing this....  But no cheesy chorus this time.  I'm not in the mode on the bender right now.

https://soundcloud.com/user-756335064/fo...er/s-K0Vw6
Listless Vessels!
[-] The following 2 users Like lreese's post:

Sounds like you've figured out the FX8.  Please continue to share your work.

Now I need to figure out the Helix.  Despite the familiarity with L6 products, this beast is going to be a challenge.  It's not that it is that difficult, it is that I'm not sure how I want to approach the programming.  I have specific needs, and there are a couple of ways to meet them with this unit.
Because I said so. 
I've actually just used some of the presets available for the most part, maybe changing the cab model to suit. I turn off delay/reverb/chorus and use my rack. Gain is used on the FX-8 - they're actually quite good.

I stick with 340ms and a medium hall reverb lengthened to about 4 secs. Nothing fancy - its just that the Lexicon does it better.

The other thing i like doing is using the saturation parameter to give the illusion the amp model is on the edge of breakup.

I've slacked off the last few weeks - the wet weather is a little depressing and I've also been working into the evening during the week.
Listless Vessels!
[-] The following 1 user Likes lreese's post:

(06-24-2017, 05:06 PM)LesStrat Wrote: Sounds like you've figured out the FX8.  Please continue to share your work.

Now I need to figure out the Helix.  Despite the familiarity with L6 products, this beast is going to be a challenge.  It's not that it is that difficult, it is that I'm not sure how I want to approach the programming.  I have specific needs, and there are a couple of ways to meet them with this unit.

I think Johnny the Kid has one... maybe he'll pop in here with some pointers.
You do the best you can with what you have to work with
Scratch what I said earlier.

I'M SO CONFUSED!
Because I said so. 
I just got off the phone with a local guy that has a massive internet presence for programming such gear. I'm going for a lesson tomorrow.

Maybe I'll understand this beast better after I shell out some $$ to someone who knows.
Because I said so. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes LesStrat's post: