Unleash Chaos – Bored of the same old synth sounds? Well here’s something truly new—Newfangled Audio’s Pendulate. Most synthesizers sound similar because they’re based on the same technologies. Pendulate is refreshingly different. It is a chaotic monosynth that uses a brand new oscillator technique to create previously unheard sounds – biting basses, searing leads, and gritty textures.
Pendulate is a chaotic monosynth based on the physics of a double pendulum. What initially looks like randomness contains underlying patterns, interconnectedness, constant feedback loops, repetition, self-similarity, fractals, and self-organization. When designing the Pendulate oscillator we took great care to bring out these underlying patterns. The result is an oscillator that can smoothly fade from a sine wave to total chaos, with an expanse of territory to explore in between.
Pendulate’s chaotic oscillator is matched with a wavefolder and low pass gate inspired by the ideas of legendary synthesizer designer, Don Buchla. These three modules—oscillator, wave folder, and gate—combine to make inconceivable sounds that you can’t help but want to hear again.
Every parameter in Pendulate’s three modules can be modulated by an included Envelope Generator, LFO, or MIDI and MPE sources. The innovative modulation interface allows you to easily and quickly patch any combination of sources to any destination—creating sounds that are sure to make you move with them
• Novel chaotic oscillator based on the double pendulum makes sounds you’ve never heard before, but will want to hear again
• Wavefolder based on the one in the Buchla 259 Complex Waveform Generator, adding MIX and CUTOFF
• Low Pass Gate based on the Buchla 292 adds controls for POLES and RESONANCE
• Innovative modulation UI allows modulation over every control from the main page, allowing up to 169 simultaneous modulation routings
• MPE support allows amazing control from innovative new controllers
• Envelope and LFO each have multiple outputs generated at once, like a modular synth should
• Modulation! Every mod output to every control means up to 221 modulation points in an intuitive single pane
• Animations! The Double Pendulum, Wavefolder, and Low Pass Gate modules each have animations to show how each module responds to your input, and to modulation
• Three unique color schemes to customize your look
• 136 Presets including artist presets from Matt Lange (Producer, DJ) and Matthew Wang (Composer Film/TV).
100% No iLok Required!
macOS 10.9+ – AAX 32/64-bit, AU 64-bit, VST3
Price: FREE (customers have to fill out a form to redeem their license on the promo page – url below) Available Sept. 1, 2020