Tailgating has come to be a national pastime, with people doing it in the parking lots of football games across the country. They also do it before concerts and other events, but football remains a stronghold when it comes to tailgating popularity. One of the most popular things people do during tailgating is to pull out a small grill and whip up a meal prior to heading into the game. This football season, it’s time to take things up a notch and opt for some unique burger toppings, as well as a whole new twist on a burger!
“Do yourself a favor and, at least once this season, try shrimp burgers at your tailgating party,” says Shawn Davis, otherwise known as Chef Big Shake, who is the founder of CBS Foods and The Original Shrimp Burger. “Those tailgating with you will be impressed that you made such a tasty decision. Shrimp burgers cook up quickly and bring something new to the folding table.”
In addition to bypassing the beef and turkey burgers this football season, Chef Big Shake recommends five unique toppings to be tried on his shrimp burgers. These five tailgating toppings include:
1. Peach salsa. While salsa goes great with just about anything, adding in the sweet flavor of the peach makes it that much tastier. Either make a batch of your own to take along or save time by picking up a pre-made version in a jar.
2. Avocado aioli. One bite of a shrimp burger topped with avocado aioli and you will think you are tailgating in Puerto Vallarta. It brings a whole new flavor to the shrimp burger. Make it up ahead of time and use it to top your shrimp burger at the game. See recipe below.
3. Grilled pineapple. You already have the grill with you, so why not take along a can of pineapple rings? Pop it open, throw them on the grill, and then top your shrimp burger with one. Sweet and satisfying.
4. Tartar sauce. Even though it’s a seafood burger, you may not have thought about topping it with tartar sauce. Many people find this to be their favorite way to eat a shrimp burger. Tartar sauce, lettuce, and tomato make a great combination.
5. Grill onions. Cut the onions at home, put them in a container, and simply drop them on the grill for a few minutes. Then add them to your shrimp burger, along with tomato and lettuce, and you are all set.
“Taking your burger up a notch by trying something new just adds to the fun of tailgating,” adds Davis. “Plus, you can go into the game knowing you are full and comfortable, and have had a healthy meal. That helps to offset a little of the beer you may drink while watching the game.”
Avocado Aioli: 2 avocados, ¼ Cup Plain Yogurt, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, ½ Teaspoon salt, ¼ Teaspoon of ground Pepper, 1/3 Cup of fresh ground Basil, 1 Tablespoon of fresh garlic paste
Directions: Place all ingredients into food processor and pulse until the mixture is smooth and creamy. After mix is done place into a refrigerator allow to cool until chilled, then serve. This recipe is awesome for burger toppings, taco, or burritos. Have fun with the Aioli, as it tastes fantastic!
“The Original Shrimp Burger” are available in the freezer section of over 2,500 stores across the country, offers a healthier, tasty twist on the boring old burger. The Original Shrimp Burger is available in five frozen varieties, including original, jalapeńo, Cajun, teriyaki, and Chesapeake Bay flavor. They are high in protein, low in fat, and a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids. In addition to shrimp burgers, CBS Foods also offers lobster sliders, lobster pot pie, and lobster mac and cheese in their product line. For more information on Chef Big Shake, or to visit the store locator, visit the site at www.ChefBigShake.com.
About CBS Foods: CBS Foods, which stands for “Chef Big Shake,” was named after and founded by Shawn Davis, a man who worked his way up from restaurant dishwasher to chef to entrepreneur. After being passed up on the reality business show “Shark Tank,” he received the funding he needed to take his business national. Today, his product line, which features five varieties of “The Original Shrimp Burger,” is available in over 2,500 stores. His product line also includes lobster sliders, lobster pot pie, and lobster mac and cheese. To learn more about CBS Foods, visit the website at www.chefbigshake.com.