Xbox One Revealed!: It’s finally here. We now have the Wii U, what we know of the PS4, and now the new Xbox One. The title may be confusing and cause issues when search online for some. Wasn’t the original Xbox the 1st one? Getting back on track, we have the nitty gritty details and specs. Rather than ruin the surprise, I have the video posted below. Read below the video for features confirmed and features still up in the air.
Here’s a funny recap as to the theme of the new Xbox:
- Blu-Ray (about time right?)
- Live TV (HDMI In, so we assume it as an IR blaster to control your cable box)
- Xbox TV Guide – Supports new Kinect. Search by channel, show, category, etc.
- Kinect 2.0 – Included with all new Xbox One purchases. (Processes over 2Gbits per second, enhanced voice and motion control)
- 8 Core Processor (AMD), 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, USB 3.0, WiFi Direct, HDMI In, HDMI Out, and more.
- TV Snap – Allows you to watch TV and have the web, Skype, or other features (fantasy football integration) on the side of the TV.
- Skype – High Definition, voice controlled Skype support. Highest quality picture and ease of use.
- Integrated battery on controller, impulse triggers, and precision D-pad
- 15 Exclusive Titles (8 new IP Franchises, including Quantum Break which looks incredible)
- Halo TV Series – Directed by Steven Spielburg!
- Always on requirement (Will this work without an internet connection for gameplay)
- Graphics processor specification is still from rumors alone.
- Price? This is possibly the largest factor as to how successful the launch will be.
- Release date. All we know right now is everywhere in the World, sometime at the end of the year.
- Which titles will launch with the Xbox One, and what will we need to wait for?
- A fee will be charged to use the same game disc on a different console and account (used game market?)
- Not backwards compatible, so hang on to your old 360 if you still want to play those games.
- Gamerscore and Achievements will transfer to new console.
- Internet connection preferred. Many features and some games will not work without internet connection.
Have corrections, questions, or just want to talk about it? Post below or on our official Facebook page (facebook.com/GadgetryTech). Stay tuned for E3 coverage!
Joe Currao is a blogger for TMRzoo and Founder of the high tech gaming and gadget site GadgetryTech.com. GadgetryTech.com covers all gaming consoles and platforms including Sony Playstation 3, Microsoft XBOX 360, Nintendo Wii, Sony PSP and computer games and peripherals designed for Mac OS, Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. Joe provides his readers with reviews, previews, release dates on the hottest technology trends and up to date tech industry news.