With the highly anticipated season 4 premiere of Boardwalk Empire right around the corner on Sept. 8 on HBO, here are a handful of craft cocktail recipes you might enjoy mixing as you tune in.
Embrace the Prohibition Era cocktails consumed by Nucky and the gang by imbibing in the classic Crown Royal Black Manhattan or the traditional Bulleit Rye Sazerac. Mix it up with the Dickel Ginger Smash or try a modern twist on the Old Fashioned with Captain Morgan Black Spiced Rum.
Whether you are throwing a premiere party with friends or watching alone on the couch, celebrate the premiere in true 1920’s style with the recipes below:
Boardwalk Empire Premiere Cocktail Recipes:
Dickel Ginger Smash
1.3 oz. George Dickel Rye
5 lime wedges
.75 oz. simple syrup
1.5 oz. ginger ale
2 Dashes of Angostura bitters
1. Combine all ingredients
2. Strain into a Collins glass over ice
Henry Morgan’s Old Fashioned
1.25 oz CAPTAIN MORGAN® BLACK SPICED RUM
3 Dashes Bitters
1 Packet Raw Sugar
1 Orange Twist
– Place the orange peel, sugar and a few drops of water in a sturdy rocks glass and muddle with the back of a spoon.
– Stir the remaining ingredients in a cocktail glass with ice.
– Strain into the rocks glass over fresh ice.
Crown Royal Black Manhattan
1 oz. of Crown Royal® Black Blended Whisky
½ oz. Cragganmore® Distillers Edition
½ oz. sweet vermouth
1 ½ oz. simple syrup
½ dashes bitters
1 piece(s) maraschino cherry
1. Stir all together in a mixing glass with ice.
2. Strain into a martini glass.
3. Garnish with a cherry.
Bulleit Rye Sazerac
1 oz. Bulleit Rye
.25 oz. Stirrings Blood Orange Bitters
1 tsp. Romana Sambuca (25 oz. per bottle)
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine Stirrings Blood Orange Bitters, Bulleit Rye and Romana Sambuca with ice.
2. Cover and shake vigorously.
3. Strain into a mixing glass.
We hope you enjoy the season 4 Boardwalk Empire premiere, responsibly, with the drinks above. After the big show, check out our Boardwalk Empire coverage to see our thoughts and feedback of the episode.